Last updated on February 4th, 2021 at 07:53 am
If your PC is getting slower and tried everything or selling out your PC then the last option remain is to wipe out everything.
But before wipe out the important documents you must have the backup of all the important stuff that you have on your PC.
Here you will see 2 ways by which you can factory reset Windows 10 PC.
By this, you have an option of partially clean up your PC or a complete wipe.
Why reset Windows 10 to factory reset?
There are so many reasons to reset Windows 10, you might facing slow speed or maybe selling your PC so that no data remain left on your PC.
I have noticed the efficiency of your PC is improved so much after a factory reset.
Always make sure you have a backup of all your important data before taking any further step, otherwise, you may lose data forever.
- How to sync computer automatically using Google Drive and Google Photos
- 2 best ways to remove junk files from PC
- Optimize Windows 10 PC performance by deleting temporary files
How to Factory Reset Windows 10 PC
To reset your Windows 10 to factory reset you have two options, let us see both methods individually.
STEP 1: Go to start menu and type settings.
STEP 2: Click on Settings option and choose Update & security.
STEP 3: On the left side option, click on the Recovery option. Here you will see Reset this PC option on the right side, click on Get started.
STEP 4: Now two options will be there
- Keep my files: This option keeps your personal files safe but deletes all the apps you have downloaded.
- Remove everything: This option wipes out everything even your personal files, so before choosing this has a nice backup of important stuff on your PC.
STEP 5: Now you will see again two option on your screen for cleaning your drive if you have chosen the second option stated above.
- Just remove my files: This method is quicker and only removes your files and documents from your PC.
- Remove files and clean the drive: This option consumes more time may take hours to finish the process. I recommend you to go for this option if you are setting your PC so that nothing left on your PC.
STEP 6: After selecting one of the above options your PC will start resetting, wait till the process gets completed and use your PC once it gets completed.
Now let us see another method which works the same as above but the procedure is different.
STEP 1: Open Start menu, tap the power button. Now press and hold the shift key and click on Restart option.
STEP 2: Now your PC will restart and the different option will be displayed on your screen. Click on Troubleshoot option.
STEP 3: Now select Reset this PC option.
STEP 4: Here again you will see the same options as seen in the first method.
- Keep my files
- Remove everything
STEP 5: Just wait for the PC getting complete reset.
These are the simplest methods of all, you can easily wipe out everything either partially or completely. But always have a back up of all your important files, data or whatever important to you.
If you are selling your PC then I recommend you to choose completely clean your drive so that nothing left.
You may also like:
- 7 quick tips to improve USB transfer speed
- How to fix WiFi getting disconnected frequently in Windows 10
- 2 ways to restore accidentally deleted files on Windows 10
I hope you like this tutorial about how to factory reset Windows 10 PC.