If you are facing a problem with WiFi getting disconnected frequently on Windows 10, don’t worry there are many others who are facing the similar disconnecting issue on Windows 10.
You can easily fix the Windows 10 disconnecting issue by some simple steps. You might sometimes notice that your WiFi sign appears and goes away.
Here is a simple solution to this frustrating problem.
Why WiFi disconnection occurs frequently?
Before moving ahead let us clear one thing why this problem comes frequently. This might occur due to the DSL modem, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Router problem or any other.
Let us solve all these problems so you can use your WiFi without any disconnection.
- How to increase WiFi connection speed using cmd
- How to Fix No Internet secured WiFi problem in Windows 10
Fix WiFi Getting Disconnected Frequently on Windows 10
Follow individual steps below to fix this frustrating problem.
1: Configure Power management settings
- Point your cursor to the WiFi icon on the bottom right of your computer screen. Right-click and select Open Network and sharing center.
- On the left side tap on Change adapter settings.
- Go to your WiFi network, Right-click on it and go to Properties.
- Tap on Configure.
- Now under Power Management uncheck for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
2: Customize proxy settings
- On the taskbar search option type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter key.
- In Connections, go to LAN settings option.
- Check out proxy server is mark tick or not. Make sure it is not marked tick. Untick Use a proxy server for your LAN.
3: Manage WiFi settings
- Open Settings by going to Windows logo.
- Go to Network and Internet option.
- Under the WiFi section on the left side, disable both the option Connects to suggest open hotspots and connect to a network shared by my friends.
4: Ping your Router
- Type cmd on that taskbar search area and press Enter key.
- Type ping 192.168.1.1 –t to ping router Internet Protocol address. Press enter key and stay there to make it run automatically.
- If you find any error while performing above command then your router might have some other IP address.
5: Update Network Drivers
If still, the problem exists then you need to update Network adapter drivers. For this check out below steps
- Type Device Manager on your taskbar search area or press Windows key+X at the same time.
- Expand Network adapter option. Right-click on your WiFi network and tap on Update driver.
- Here you will see two options, tap on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After done with this either you the driver gets automatically update or you will see an option Windows has determined the best driver for this device is already installed. If the second option comes then you have to update your driver manually.
By following these ways you can easily fix the WiFi disconnecting problem.
By these ways, I hope you can fix this frustrating problem of frequent disconnection. Still, if the problem occurs when you need to update all your network drivers manually.
You may also like:
- How to know WiFi password using cmd
- 2 best ways to remove junk files from PC
- How to find duplicate files and remove them from PC
I hope you find this tutorial helpful about how to fix WiFi getting disconnected frequently on Windows 10.