In this tutorial, you can learn how to Increase WiFi Connection speed using cmd. Slow internet speed is annoying when you are busy doing some important stuff.
Here you will see proven steps to increase your WiFi speed. To access better internet on your system, you need to have better system capacity along with good internet speed.
I recommend you to go for the best Cleaning Utility Software for your PC. This improves your PC performance intelligently.
MacPaw CleanMyPC is our top choice and offers a 70% discount to our readers.
- 4 Ways to increase internet speed using cmd
- Optimize Windows 10 PC performance by deleting temporary files
How to Increase WiFi Connection Speed Using cmd
1. Optimize your Computer’s Bandwidth
By Windows Group Policy, you can easily optimize your PC’s bandwidth. For this, follow the below commands.
- Go to Start menu and enter Run
- Now type gpedit.msc to run Windows Group Policy (Gpedit) and press Enter.
- Go to administrative templates on the left side list and select network.
- Now go to QoS packet scheduler and after this select limit reservable bandwidth.
- Enable it and mark bandwidth limit to zero percent.
By this, you will see better internet speed.
2. Reset Windows Network Sockets
To send information, an Operating System uses Windows Network Sockets. It interfaces between Windows TCP/IP client application and the underlying TCP/IP Protocol Stack.
It is recommended to reset Windows Network Sockets to speed up the internet connection. To reset Windows Network Sockets, follow the below steps.
- Enter cmd in the taskbar (or open start menu and type cmd) and run it as an administrator (right click on cmd and select run as an administrator).
- After opening, now type netsh winsock reset and press enter.
This will reset Windows Network Sockets and enhance your internet speed.
3. Optimize Internet Explorer speed using cmd
Using cmd, you can easily optimize Internet Explorer speed by below
- Open cmd as shown in above step and enter regsvr32 actxprxy
This will speed up Internet Explorer speed.
4. Speed up the Internet using netsh command
For this, follow the below steps.
- Open cmd as shown in Step 2.
- Now enter the below commands
- Netsh int tcp show global and press Enter.
- Netsh int tcp set chimney=enabled and press Enter.
- Netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal and press Enter.
- Netsh int set global congestionprovider=ctcp and press Enter.
By following the above steps, your WiFi speed increase. You can also check your internet speed by following the steps listed here (see 2nd paragraph).
You may also be interested in
- Easy ways to Fix the Internet not Secured in Windows
- How to hide files and folders in Windows
- How to Find Duplicate Files and Remove them from PC
- How to Fix Slow Android Device
I hope you like this tutorial about increasing WiFi Connection Speed using cmd.