In this tutorial, you can learn how to Increase WiFi Connection speed using cmd. Slow internet speed is really annoying when you are busy to do some important stuff.
Here you will see proven steps to increase your Wi-Fi speed. To access better internet on your system you need to have better system capacity along with good internet speed.
I recommend you to go for the best Cleaning Utility Software for your PC this improves your PC performance intelligently.
Macpaw CleanMyPC is our top choice and offering a 70% discount to our readers.
CleanMyPC Discount 2019 (70% Off)
Grab Discount Now on CleanMyPC >>
(Use 4EDUCATION Coupon Code)
- 4 Ways to increase internet speed using cmd
- Optimize Windows 10 PC performance by deleting temporary files
How to Increase WiFi Connection Speed Using cmd
1. Optimize your Computer’s Bandwidth
By Windows Group Policy you can easily optimize your PC’s bandwidth. For this follow below commands
- Go to Start menu and enter Run
- Now type gpedit.msc to run Windows Group Policy (Gpedit) and press Enter.
- Go to administrative templates on the left side list and select network.
- Now go to QoS packet scheduler and after this select limit reservable bandwidth.
- Enable it and mark bandwidth limit to zero percent.
By this, you will see better internet speed.
2. Reset Windows Network Sockets
To send information an Operating System uses Windows Network Sockets. It acts as an interface between Windows TCP/IP client application and underlying TCP/IP Protocol Stack.
It is recommended to reset Windows Network Sockets to speed up internet connection. To reset Windows Network Sockets follow below steps
- Enter cmd in the taskbar (or open start menu and type cmd) and run it as an administrator (right click on cmd and select run as an administrator).
- After opening, now type netsh winsock reset and press enter.
This will reset Windows Network Sockets and enhance your internet speed.
3. Optimize Internet Explorer speed using cmd
Using cmd you can easily optimize Internet Explorer speed by following below
- Open cmd as shown in above step and enter regsvr32 actxprxy
This will speed up Internet Explorer speed.
4. Speed up the Internet using netsh command
For this follow the below steps
- Open cmd as shown in Step 2.
- Now enter the below commands
- Netsh int tcp show global and press Enter.
- Netsh int tcp set chimney=enabled and press Enter.
- Netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal and press Enter.
- Netsh int set global congestionprovider=ctcp and press Enter.
By following above steps, your Wi-Fi speed definitely increase. You can also check your internet speed by following steps listing here (see 2nd paragraph).
You may also interested in
- Easy ways to Fix the Internet not Secured in Windows
- How to hide files and folders in Windows
- How to Find Duplicate Files and Remove them from PC
- How to Fix Slow Android Device
I hope you like this tutorial about Increase WiFi Connection Speed using cmd.