Last updated on August 7th, 2019 at 08:08 am
Every Browser has set default search engine for its operation. Some of the popular web browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer), and Opera. But in every browser, there is an option to change the search engine that you like. Most internet users set Google as their default search engine and in the recent survey, about 64% of people worldwide use Google as their browser. Google Chrome, Firefox and, Opera browsers set the default search engine as Google. Here in this tutorial, we are going to discuss how you change search engine on all popular platform such as Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Opera.
Why must we switch to another search engine?
This question depends on person to person. Some looks for good preview, some looks for good content on the top, or some people use a particular search engine because they are popular. Some widely used search engines are Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask.com, and AOL. You can choose anyone from the following and set a default search engine.
How to Change Search Engine?
Starting with Google Chrome we will end up with the Opera browser. Follow the simple steps. Also, see the top 10 best download manager for Google Chrome.
1. Change Search Engine on Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome: Google Chrome browser is placed on your desktop, launch it to edit some settings.
- On the top right corner, there is option icon as 3-vertical dots. Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down to search engine option and click on manage search engine.
- From this page, you can see different search engine list go next to the search engine you wish to apply and click on 3-vertical dots and click Make default or you can also add manually such as Amazon.com, Quora.com, or whatever you need.
- Close the window and your new search engine is default applied to Google Chrome.
2. Change Search Engine on Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer)
Bing is the default search engine on Microsoft Edge but by following some steps below you can easily switch to other.
- Open Microsoft Edge from the desktop icon.
- Go to Settings & more option on the top right corner (3-horizontal dots). Scroll down to the last and click on Settings.
- On the next page, scroll down and click on Advanced Settings option.
- Under the Privacy & Services option, click on Change search engine.
- Choose the search engine you wish to make default from the list. If the search engine is not showing then we recommend you to visit the website you make it as default and then follow same steps.
- After this, your new search engine is set as default and you can change it anytime.
3. Change Search Engine on Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla sets Google as its default search engine, Mozilla Firefox set up an easy user interface to change its search engine. Follow some simple steps below.
- Open Mozilla Firefox from the desktop icon.
- Go to Open menu icon on the top right corner (3-horizontal lines) and tap on Options.
- On the left side menu list, click on Search option and on the right side under the Default Search Engine choose the search engine from the drop-down list.
Once you have chosen a search engine, it will automatically be saved as default search engine.
4. Change Search Engine on Opera
Opera is not much wider in use nowadays as it was before a few years back. But still, if you are using Opera browser, follow some simple steps.
- Go to Easy Setup icon on the top right corner, scroll down to bottom and tap on Go to browser settings.
- On the left side menu list tap on Browser, and on the right side click on Manage search engine under Search option.
- Select the search engine from the list and place a cursor over it and tap on Make default. Click Done option.
This will set up your new search engine on Opera as default.
You may also like:
- How to switch your email to Gmail in 10 minutes
- How to sync computer automatically using Google Drive and Google Photos
- How to use Google Maps without an internet connection on your Phone