It is always disturbing when you click on links and it automatically redirects to 3-4 pages on different tabs or even more. But every browser offers some advanced settings that block webpage redirects.
Why Block Webpage Redirects?
You might not aware what that links contains. Nowadays it is very common that you come in the target of phishing scams, malicious websites, and other such things. It is always advisable to stay alert with these links. We recommend you to use some best Internet security protection software. In our list, BullGuard, Avira Internet Security, Emsisoft Anti-malware are some of the best internet security software.
Here in this tutorial, we are going to check Safari browser, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer, Edge browser, Opera, and Firefox.
Different ways to block Webpage Redirects
If you are facing too many redirects on Safari browser, follow some simple steps below.
- Open Safari browser on your MacBook.
- On the top menu tabs, choose Preferences.
- Go to Privacy tab from the list.
- Tick Prevent cross-site tracking option to stop multiple redirects.
This helps you to stop unnecessary redirects.
2. Chrome Browser
- Open Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- On the top-right corner, tap on the 3-dot icon and choose Settings from the drop-down list.
- Scroll to bottom and tap on Advanced option.
- Click on Privacy and security option and navigate to Content Settings > Pop-ups and redirects.
- Turn the toggle button to ON to enable Pop-up blocks.
3. Microsoft Edge
- On the top-right corner, click on three icons to open Settings.
- Go to Advanced Settings.
- Turn ON the option Keep me protected from malicious sites and downloads with Windows Defender Smartscreen.
4. Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and tap on Settings option from the top-right corner.
- Select Internet options from the drop-down list appear.
- The new window opens. tap on Security tab. Move the slider to a higher level to secure the level.
This option stops multiple redirects that are harmful for your PC.
5. Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser on your computer and open the Settings option (three-line icon). Choose Options from the drop-down list.
- Tap on Privacy & Security option from the left side.
- On the right side options, tick Block pop-up windows option to stop unnecessary redirections.
Firefox also offers one extra layer to prevent many redirections for this scroll down in same window and tick Block dangerous and deceptive content.
If you are using Firefox, we recommend you to enable both features to enable extra security.
- Open Settings from the drop-down list on the top right corner.
- Tap on Advanced option.
- Go to Privacy & security section choose Content settings > Pop-ups and redirects
- Enable the block option.
I hope you find this information about How to block webpage redirects for Safari, Chrome, IE, MS Edge, Opera, and Firefox informative. For the latest tech tutorials, online deals, and software reviews follow us on Facebook, Twitter
- How to use Progressive Web Apps with Chrome & iPhone?
- How to change search engine on Chrome/ Firefox/ Opera/ Edge?
- How to change browser location country to surf other stuff?