Last updated on October 26th, 2018 at 12:27 pm
The Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) are similar to the download apps on your PC, the best thing is you can use them along with your Google Chrome. This feature is included with the latest version of Chrome 70. Currently, not many websites allow PWAs but some of the websites like Twitter or Spotify offers this.
What difference does Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) provide?
- Reliable: Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) gives reliable experience as they load instantly. The works on your cache memory and load quickly even with bad network conditions.
- Fast: It is faster to respond to every action and there is no janky scrolling.
- Engaging: This PWAs keeps you engage with all the latest notifications.
How to Use Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) with Chrome
One thing you need to know that there is no separate store for PWAs apps from Google but you need to know which application offers this service. Here in this tutorial, we are using Spotify and Twitter. Let us check how it works?
- For Spotify open this Spotify PWA link.
- Go to Menu icon on the top right corner. From the list tap on Install Spotify and confirm it to install.
The installation process is similar to Twitter. For installation, your Twitter app as PWAs, follow some simple steps.
- Open a Mobile site from Twitter, and navigate to menu icon and select Install Twitter and confirm it.
With these steps, you can install all the Progressive Web Apps on your Google Chrome. If you are looking for other great PWAs currently available then head on to Github website for all PWAs. Github updates all the latest PWAs time to time so you can stay in touch always.
Now we are going to look at how PWAs work on your iPhone and you can use it without the actual download. This is one of the best ways to keep your memory free.
How to Use Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) on iPhone?
Enabling Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) on your iPhone is not very easy as using on your Android phone. Still, we have made the best way to use this on your iPhone.
Follow some simple steps to enable PWAs on your iPhone. Here we are taking an example of Financial Times App Website.
- Open your web browser on iPhone and head on to Financial Times official website.
- Tap on sharing button icon and tap on Add to Home icon.
- Now on the next screen, you can change the name that you want to save on home and click the add button.
Check out your Home screen the app successfully saved. This work on Offline mode if your internet does not have connectivity.