In this digital age where one hardly goes by without opening a PDF file on a typical day, the lack of on-demand access to a reliable PDF reader for Mac OS 10.14 can wreak havoc on productivity and collaborative work.
There’s no shortfall of options for PDF readers for Mac OS 10.14. However, this slew of choices can easily swamp a mac user, who might find it dicey to identify the best-suited PDF reader for Mac OS 10.14. For your perusal, here is the best PDF editor for Mac OS 10.14.
Best 10 Powerful PDF Editors for macOS 10.14
1. PDFelement 6 Pro for Mac:
PDFelement is an all-inclusive PDF tool that allows users to execute swathes of functions on a PDF all in one place. It’s integrated with powerful editing tools, a reliable converter, OCR robotic process automation, and several powerful security features. Its highly versatile makeup has wooed uncounted long-standing customers in Europe and America. Since its introduction, PDFelement has continued to rule the rooster of PDF software solutions for Mac.
Price: $99.95 (Discounted Price:$79.96) Use Coupon Code: MADESTUFFEASY40%
System support: Mac, Windows, iOS, Android
- Intuitive interface and easily accessible functions.
- Automatic form recognition allows you to convert a scanned document into an editable PDF file.
- A slew of powerful PDF editing tools.
- A highly versatile file converter for converting files to and from PDF to nearly any type of text file format.
- An all-inclusive digital file management tool that provides you with everything you may need to manage a PDF file might induce total dependence on the device for all things PDF.
Preview is Apple’s well-rounded free PDF reader for Mac 10.14 that comes pre-installed on your Mac device. It has an excellent collection of PDF editing functions, including annotations, insertion of signature, image editing, and many more. It comes with powerful security tools for protecting your files from unauthorized access. On the other hand, it provides excellent functions for sharing and exporting files via various file formats.
- Functions for merging and splitting PDF files and adding or removing pages from files.
- It supports a wide array of file formats
- Functions for signing and filling PDF forms.
- Airtight security functions for protecting sensitive data from unauthorized access.
- Lacks essential PDF editing tools.
3. Acrobat for Mac:
Acrobat is a long-standing PDF tool that continues to provide Mac users with functions to create crisp, professionally-looking PDF files. It has a rich pool of PDF editing resources that allows users to do a lot with PDF files anywhere, anytime. Users can also export PDFs to almost any other type of file format. Users can also combine PDF files, add or remove pages from PDF files, and even convert arranged spreadsheet files into PDF documents. Its file converter tool converts rapidly, allowing users to convert large amounts of files in a flash quickly. This rich collection of tools is available for free trials.
Price: $179.88 / Year
System support: Windows, Mac, iOS
- PDF editing tools for analyzing and annotating PDF files
- Automatic recognition for form field
- Quick conversion of PDF files to and from Office formats
- Tools for editing PDF files with a professional cut
- The user interface supports touch functionalities
- A lot of functions are not easily accessible
- The cost is on the high end
4. PDF Expert:
PDF Expert is one of the few apps officially endorsed by Apple editors. A flagship Readdle app, this product has dominated the PDF tool market in the last few years. Its highly intuitive user interface allows for easy navigation and quick searches. Users get to choose the preferred layout they want to complete tasks in and the desired formats for texts and paragraphs. Moreover, there are also tools for filling and signing PDF forms such as tax reports, invoices, and contract paperwork. It also packs a punch of sharing and collaboration tools that allow you and your colleagues to compare notes and comments written on a PDF file, which can be transferred across numerous devices the software supports. With the app, you get to worry less about the safety and integrity of your files. With such an impressive selection of functions, PDF Expert is undoubtedly one of the best PDF tools for Mac users unfamiliar with how to edit a PDF on Mac OS 10.14.
System Support: Mac, iOS
- High-speed page organization functions.
- Functions that make for an excellent UX
- Quick, efficient PDF editing and annotation tools
- Crisp, clear page layout of PDF file in read-only mode.
- Easily accessible functions
- The editing tools lack a professional touch.
5. PDFpenPro for Mac
PDFpenPro is another one-stop software solution for all things PDF. From a text editor to an image editor and signature capabilities, PDFpenPro gives you all the tools you need to manage your PDF files neat and professionally. This tool is very similar to the pre-installed Preview. Users can easily edit texts and images and add or remove pages in PDF files. Hence, users still grappling with how to edit PDF files on Mac OS 10.14 will find it a highly convenient tool.
They also get to create and fill digital forms. The form creator tool has options allowing users to incorporate interactive fields, such as checkboxes, drop-down boxes, etc., into a PDF file. Users can convert scanned documents into editable PDF files through a highly reliable OCR tool. Besides this conversion, users can also convert PDF to a wide array of file formats, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The tool allows users to convert web pages into editable PDF files without disabling clickable links and fields. In addition, users get to share files via cloud storage facilities such as Dropbox and iCloud.
Supported Systems: Mac, iOS
- Easily accessible from field filling and creating functionalities
- An intuitive user interface that allows for easy access to a wide range of PDF editing tools
- Similar to Preview in many respects, it makes for a seamless user experience.
- The text editing functions aren’t as efficient as those of the other tools in this best PDF reader
6. Foxit PhantomPDF
You are reading and sharing PDF files. Foxit PhantomPDF is another top-notch PDF tool with an impressive array of creating and editing functions. Its browser version allows you to edit, fill and sign PDF forms over the web. The product serves as a highly versatile PDF converter. It not only converts text files of various formats to and from PDF but also converts scanned documents into editable PDF files using the OCR robot automation tool. The software also comes with a proprietary ConnectedPDF function that allows you to create multiple versions of a PDF document and then manage all activities related to all the versions of that document.
Related: How to use Foxit PhantomPDF?
One of the reasons this is one of the best free PDF editors for Mac 10.14 is because it is available in over 41 languages, lending itself to users across various parts of the world. And being integrated with Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and a number of other cloud-based file-sharing platforms, it fosters collaboration across various parts of the globe.
Free trial; $8.99/month Foxit PhantomPDF Business; $7.99/month Foxit PhantomPDF Standard; $9.95/year Foxit PhantomPDF Education
System Support: Windows, Android, iOS, Mac
- Sophisticated PDF editing tools
- Sophisticated image editor
- Tracking and managing multiple PDF files seamlessly
- A host of third-party integrations
- The PDF reader tools are subpar compared to the others in this review.
7. FineReader Pro:
Since 1989, ABBYY has been an industry leader when it comes to OCR, and the FineReader Pro offers Mac the best of ABBYY’s OCR technology. The software makes converting a scanned document to an editable PDF very easy. You can use the OCR function through an interface with three views, where you can simultaneously view the original scanned copy and edit the extracted copy. You also get to choose the format in which you’d like to save your output document.
Users can also enjoy excellent PDF tools for manipulating and managing PDF files. And when it comes to language support, FineReader Pro is the best industry, supporting over 160 languages.
System Support: Windows, Mac
- A rich collection of PDF editing tools
- Powerful image editor
- Industry best OCR tool
- It’s advanced tools and some technical expertise to use correctly.
8. Skim for Mac
This is an efficient PDF tool with the capacity to process multiple documents simultan eo. usly Mac allows users to read and edit PDF documents without a hassle, even if they’re dealing with multiple files simultaneously. You’ll find all the essential PDF editing tools, such as highlighting, adding and removing text, underlining, etc. However, its editing tool isn’t as sophisticated as most of the other products in this review, but this also makes it an ideal choice for Mac users who’re just learning how to edit PDF files on Mac OS 10.14. It also allows you to take snapshots of work in progress easily. The tool comes with AppleScript support and other integrations such as SyncTex, LaTeX, and PDFSync. The best part is that users can access this impressive selection of functionalities for free.
System Support: Mac
- Performs functions across multiple files simultaneously
- Allows for automated editing sessions
- A wide variety of editing and highlighting functions
- The user interface looks a bit dated, and that might make the interface look unintuitive.
9. Scribus for Mac
An open-source software, Scribus is a first-rate product of a vibrant open-source community. With its sleek, modern user interface, the software serves many professional publishing functions, including ICC color management, CMYK color, separations, etc. This makes it suitable for creating various documents, including business cards, magazines, brochures, etc. Its page layout, which comes with several “press-ready” output functionalities and other innovative features, has won numerous accolades, making the software one of the best PDF editors for Mac OS 10.14.
It provides users with a slew of templates for creating these documents. And with its Scribus/Aqua port, users can easily use a native Aqua build with the tool through Qt Free. What’s more, users can gain access to this impressive lineup of functionalities all for free.
System Support: Mac, Windows, Linux
- A wide array of first-rate PDF tools that give your finished PDF file a crisp, professional look
- A sleek, state-of-the-art interface that makes it easy to navigate.
- A PDF compressor reduces a PDF’s size without compromising the file’s layout or quality.
- Smooth, speedy operations
- It lacks a spellings checker, which is an essential file editing tool.
- The operation slows down once you start loading and manipulating multiple documents simultaneously.
10. Master PDF Editor for Mac
Another powerful and versatile PDF tool is Master PDF. The tool allows you to manipulate text and images in new and pre-existing PDF files. You can easily use it to split, merge, add, and remove pages in a PDF file. Some of its notable editing tools include Strikethrough and highlight functions. It also has a rich collection of annotation tools, including Sticky Note, Stamps, and Shapes. Another outstanding feature of the software is the PDF bookmarking function that allows you to add and remove bookmarks from any particular portion of a PDF file, be it a page or paragraph, so you can easily catch up with the progress you’ve made on the file when resuming reading or editing sessions.
The tool also provides form creation and filling functionalities. These form functionalities allow you to incorporate an impressive array of interactive features in your PDF file, including buttons, checkboxes, drop-down boxes, etc. The software also flies high in OCR capabilities, with fast and efficient OCR functionality.
System Support: Windows, Android, Mac, iOS
- A powerful tool for editing both images and texts on PDF files
- Functions for adding interactive features to PDFs such as buttons, checkboxes, etc
- File management functions for splitting and merging PDF files.
- The interface is not intuitive, making the tool a little challenging for users who’re only just starting to learn how to edit PDF files on Mac OS 10.14.
These are the Top 10 Free PDF Editors for macOS 10.14, and I hope you find this helpful information. For more latest reviews and tutorials, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ and subscribe to madestuffeasy.com