In this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to create Write protection pen drive. Write protection works for you to keep your content in your pen drive or USB safe when someone else is using. By having write protection, it ensures that there would not be any changes in your content.
What is Write Protection in Pen Drive
Write protection in your pen drive or USB keeps your content safe and does not allow it to change. Let us understand it with an example, suppose if you do not want to allow others to add or delete something in your USB drive or pen drive then by write protection this will allow you this option. Without enabling Write protection you can easily delete or paste content.
Want to speed up your PC? Check out the tips to improve PC speed
How to Create Write Protection Pen Drive
To create Write protected pen drive you need to follow some below simple steps.
NOTE: Make sure you have connected your USB drive or pen drive to your PC.
1. Open a cmd prompt and run as administrator. (Right-click on cmd and choose Run as administrator).
2. Now enter diskpart and press Enter (See below screenshot).
3. Now type list disk, and press Enter. Here you will see different disk connected to your PC. Note the # for the disc you want to enable or disable write protection command. (for example disc 1. Here # substitutes to 1).
4. Now type the command select disk # and press Enter. ( For example select disk 1).
5. Now write the below command and then press Enter.
attributes disk set readonly
6. When successfully done all the above steps close the command prompt, refresh the computer and by this, you can easily enable Write protection in USB or pen drive.
After this, you can unable to change your content from your USB or pen drive. Check below to disable write protection in pen drive.
How to Disable Write Protection USB drive
Make sure that you have attached the pen drive in which you want to disable write protection. To disable Write protection in pen drive follow STEP 1 to STEP 4 stated above and after this type below command and press Enter.
attributes disk clear readonly
After successful completion of the above commands, the write protection of your pen drive is disabled. And you can make any changes either delete or add new contents to your pen drive.
You may also like
- How to increase Wi-Fi connection speed using cmd
- How to find duplicate files and remove them from PC
- How to fix the Internet not secured in Windows