Last updated on February 15th, 2020 at 07:19 am
Are you looking for an easy method to reduce pdf file size below 100 KB?
And that too absolutely free!
We have just the right solution here.
Many online converters are available that offer this feature for free but the quality degrades. And quality is what matters to us. Right?
So when we can maintain the quality and reduce the PDF file size as well, then why opt for some suspicious online converters.
In this tutorial, we are going to discuss the best way to compress pdf to 100 KB using some great utility software. So it will be a win-win for us. Sounds great right?
There are different premium software available in the market but there is a trick to use them for free.
Many PDF utility software is available but all of them are paid.
Still, you can try them for free as they offer a 14-days trial period. We recommend you to use the free versions if you are looking for a temporary solution to convert your files and compress them.
And if you looking forward to a long time fix to compress files, edit, convert, etc then you must go for a good PDF utility software such as Nitro Productivity Suite, Foxit PhantomPDF, and PDF Expert.
You can check our complete guide on the comparison between Foxit vs Nitro. We also have another article on comparison and review of Nitro Pro vs PDFelement. I hope this helps you to choose between the best-paid pdf converters available.
In this article, we have listed three methods to help you reduce PDF file size down to 100 KB. Here is an overview of all the methods.
- Reduce file size online using SmallPDF
- Using Nitro Productivity Suite
- Reduce PDF file size with Preview App for Mac users
How to Reduce PDF File Size Below 100 KB for Free?
Why you should reduce PDF file size?
It is important to know the advantages of reducing PDF file size. The first thing that is considered the most important is data retention. The reduction of the file size has no effect when we compare it with the documents data. all the data is completely retained as it is.
The second most important thing is storage. After reducing the size of all multiple files and folders you can store them easily online on cloud storage and they won’t take up much space. And therefore it is easy to access them as well.
Next comes the email attachments. Small PD files are easy to transfer over email. You can attach the PDF files easily and quickly transfer them within seconds. Larger files will take up more data, time and space.
Apart from these, there are tons of advantages of reducing the PDF files but these are the most relevant.
So now that you are aware of the advantages of reducing the file size of PDF, let’s check out the methods below.
Method 1: Using Online Tools
- Open the Smallpdf official website on your browser.
- You will see the space where you can either drop the PDF file or open it from your PC.
- Smallpdf also offers you to open PDF directly from Google Drive and Dropbox.
- It will take a few seconds to upload.
- Then the software will automatically compress the file and you can download it from the download icon given.
- You can also upload it directly to Dropbox and Google Drive.
NOTE: Despite having compression to more than 60% still, the compression is not less than 100 KB, if the same happens with you then definitely the next method will help you out.
Method 2: Using Nitro Productivity Suite
Nitro Productivity Suite is the paid software but you can use its 14-days trial period for free.
Download Nitro PDF, compress your stuff and uninstall it. There are three different ways offered by Nitro Pro to reduce PDF file size.
Recommended: How to use Nitro Productivity Suite?
- Compress PDF file by recreating PDF
- Reducing PDF size using Save As an option
- Removing unnecessary objects to compress PDF size
Why not use online services?
We never recommend our readers to reduce their PDF file size using an online converter as security is the biggest concern while uploading your documents. They might be misused by the service providers or that documents contain some important information.
So what is the alternative?
Let us follow all the above-stated ways to Reduce PDF File Size Below 100 KB.
1: Compress PDF file by recreating PDF
- Open your PDF file on Nitro Productivity Suite.
- Navigate to File> Print option.
- Here the printer list appears, select Nitro PDF Creator.
- Now go to Properties and select Web-Ready Conversion quality and click OK.
2: Reducing PDF size using Save As an option
Save As method is quite easy, here is how you can do this.
- Open the PDF Editor and upload your document.
- Navigate to File> Save As
3: Removing unnecessary objects to compress PDF size
- Launch Nitro Pro and open your PDF.
- Go to File> Optimize file> Remove objects tab.
- Select the object you want to remove. Tap OK and Optimize.
Method 3: Using the Preview App for Mac users
This method is great for Mac users. Mac users can easily compress documents using Preview App which is in-built in Apple products. So let’s check out how it is done.
- Open Preview App by either searching it using Spotlight or clicking on the preview icon in the Dock.
- Now navigate to Apple Menu on the top-left corner and click on “File”. Now from the drop-down menu choose “Open”.
- From the pop-up screen that shows up, choose your file that you want to compress. And click on “Open”.
- Now again navigate to the Apple menu. Click on “Export”. A new screen will pop up.
- Rename your file, Choose “PDF” from the “Format” option.
- Now click on “Quartz filter” a drop-down menu will appear. Choose “Reduce File Size” from there.
- Next click on “Save”.
I hope you find no difficulty in following these simple steps. If you are a regular user working with PDF then I recommend you purchase Nitro Productivity Suite with the special discount offer. Check here for the latest discount.
You may also like:
- Simple steps to keep your PDF documents password protected.
- How to add header and footer to your PDF file.