Last updated on October 13th, 2018 at 09:17 am
It is always recommended to have a good backup software for your Computer no matters it is Windows PC or Macbook. But if you have not followed these precautions earlier then still there are some methods to backup your corrupted hard drive. There are many free and paid software that offers you to Recover Data from Corrupted Hard Drive.
Before going further to this tutorial we recommend you to use good Syncing and backup software so that you will not find any difficulty in the future.
How to Recover Data from Corrupted Hard Drive?
If you are using Windows PC then you can try to repair your data using cmd. Follow some simple steps for this.
Backup Corrupted Hard Drive using CMD
- Open a command prompt on your Windows PC. Make sure you have opened cmd in Admin mode.
- Type chkdsk F: /f /r /x and replace F with your Hard Drive disk name. Press Enter key.
This command check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. Close the cmd and try to open your Hard Drive. Hope this work and recover your data immediately. If still facing any problem then you must install a recovery software to recover all your hard drive data and backup it.
Backup Hard Drive data using Recovery Software
There is much software available in a market that offers to recover your hard drive data. Some of them are paid and some are free. Here we are using both of them so that you can fully recover your Hard Drive without any trouble.
Recovery Using EaseUs free data recovery
EaseUS is one of the popular software for all type of data recovery. It recovers all your data you have lost from your PC, laptop, or removable devices. This can recover your data up to 2GB if you are exceeding than this then you have to go for Pro version which is paid. Let us quickly check how it works?
- Download EaseUs Data recovery software for free and install it on your PC.
- Launch Data recovery and Select the location to find your data. Here you need to select the location where your Hard Drive is located.
- Once you selected the Drive. Click on Scan button.
- There are options for Deep Scan and Quick Scan. Firstly go for Quick Scan as this takes less time to scan. If the data is not scanned and not showing anything then switch to Deep Scan. It takes a longer time to scan all your data and you can pause in between and later resume. You have also option to recover data at the same time of scanning the drive.
- After the scanning completes, click on Recover button or you have an option to preview individual recovered files and recover according to your requirements. Just select the location where you need to download your recovered data.
Check the location on your Computer. Recovered data must be there. I hope this helps you in recovering your Hard Drive data. If you still need a paid software then our recommendations are Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery (For Windows) and Data Rescue (For Mac). Let us individually check both of them.
Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery
Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery recovers data from a corrupted hard drive as well as other documents and Presentations. The best thing is its security as during scanning your data is 100% safe and it is easy to navigate all the features. Follow some simple steps to see how it works?
- Select what to recover: Here you can choose the file type you need to recover. If you are not sure then go for Everything. This option includes Photos, Audio, Video, emails, and all type of documents and click the Next button.
- Select Location: In the next step you are asked to choose a specific location to scan your data. In our case choose your hard drive location and click the Scan button. You can also turn on Deep scan option.
- Scanning Progress: After it starts scanning it shows how much scanning completed. A Deep scan takes longer time. You can stop this scanning progress anytime and choose Preview option.
Once your scanning completed it shows you the scanned result. You can save this on your PC. If you are working on Mac then check out the next method.
Data Rescue from Prosoft
Data Rescue is another best recovery software that offers you great features for your data recovery. It gives you advanced search option, duplicate file recognition, robust file support, email notification and much more. You can recover almost every drive and the navigation is quite simple. For Mac, this is our top choice. Let us see how to recover data from the hard drive using Data Rescue.
- Download Data Rescue and install it on your PC. Launch it after successful installation.
- Click on Start Recovering File option.
- Choose the Source from where Data Rescue scan your Mac (choose Hard Drive location).
- Choose either a Quick Scan or Deep Scan.
- Once the scanning completed, choose the destination on your Mac to recover the scanned data.
By following these simple steps you can easily recover data from your corrupted hard drive. You can also take advantage of free trial period offered by Data Rescue. After this switch to pro version.
I hope this tutorial about How to Recover Data from Corrupted Hard Drive? solved your problem and you didn’t find any difficulty in following any of the above methods. Do comment below which method you prefer or if any problem you are facing.
You may also like:
- Top 5 best Windows password recovery software
- How to recover pen drive data using cmd (command prompt)?
- Top 10 best professional data recovery software