No doubt to date, Gmail is a widely used email platform worldwide and offers excellent productivity tools.
And it becomes challenging if you face problems such as Gmail not receiving emails or Gmail not receiving some separate emails.
We had a similar problem some days back and found its solution. Here we are going to discuss all of them.
Google Account is just not for email only but works for all G-Suite products such as Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Calendars, and others, and you must be aware that only 15GB is allowed as free for an email for the entire G-Suite.
Fix: Gmail Account not Receiving Emails
Let us check the common issue of Gmail not getting emails.
- Consumed 15 GB of free storage
- Spam emails
- Restrictions with filters
- Server issue
Now let us check how to fix these issues one by one.
1. Storage Error
Gmail is among the few email service provider that offers you 15GB of storage, and if you are only Gmail users and not using other Google services, then this is just enough.
But if you are using other services such as Google Drive, Photos, and further, then this memory might not be enough for you, and for this reason, you might face the problem of not receiving emails on your Gmail account.
To check your current storage, go to view the current storage page and check out the total consumption; if it is already utilized 15GB, there are two ways to still work with that.
Either switch to upgrading storage or transfer files to another Gmail account.
If you don’t wish to spend money on upgrading storage, create a new account, transfer Google Drive data to it, and delete it from the current version. Follow some simple steps here.
- Once you have created a Gmail account, go to Google Drive.
- Select all the files and share it with the new Gmail account you have creates and give it access as permission to Is Owner from Advanced option.
- Now open Google Drive on newly created account, navigate to Shared with me filter on the left sidebar.
- Now all you need to make a new copy of the received data. Right-click and click on Make a copy and rename it.
Now you have successfully transferred all your data to your new Google account. You can now delete all the data from your previous Google account to free up space. Now with this, your Gmail will work fine.
If memory consumption is not an issue, you must also check some other fixes.
2. Check Spam Emails
This is probably for those users where Gmail is not receiving separate emails. Sometimes, Google detects some unique content and directly moves an email to a Spam email folder due to security and privacy.
You may be getting issues just because of this. You can check your Spam emails with the
- Open your Gmail account.
- From the left sidebar, tap on Spam email option, if not located click More and then select.
- Here you can see all your Spam email that may automatically Google has moved or mover by the
You might find the email here that you are looking for. But still, there are some other factors also causing this issue.
3. Check Filters Settings
Knowingly or unknowingly, you may have applied a filter to receive emails on your Gmail account. Some of the filters would be word limitations, blocked addresses, etc. You can reset the filters from Gmail settings. Follow some steps here.
- Open Gmail account and go to the Settings icon on the top right of the account screen.
- Tap on Filters and Blocked Addresses tab and delete the filters option and blocked addresses.
This may fix this issue! Still, the problem is not solved? Then there might be a
4. Server Issue
When you are using a Gmail account on another email client such as on iPhone other Mail services, the server issue might be the problem of not receiving emails on your Gmail account. Let us fix this too.
- Go to Gmail account and open Settings from the ⚙️ icon.
- Tap on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “IMAP Access” section, select Enable IMAP.
- Tap on Save Changes button.
Now change settings on client email and for this change Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server and Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server. Check the below table for the latest updates.
Once you have updated this, check
These are the four most common issues we have seen for many users. We recommend you to check all of them in sequence and hope this fix all your problems.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest tech tutorials & online deals.