Last updated on August 7th, 2019 at 05:38 am
No doubt till date Gmail is widely used email platform all over the world and offers great productivity tools. And it becomes really difficult if you face problems such as Gmail not receiving emails or Gmail not receiving some particular emails. We have a similar problem some days back and found the solution to it. Here we are going to discuss all of them.
Google Account is just not for email only but works for all G-Suite products such as Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Calendars, and others and you must be aware that only 15GB is allowed as free for an email for entire G-Suite.
Fix: Gmail Account not Receiving Emails
Let us check the common issue of Gmail not getting emails.
- Consumed 15 GB of free storage
- Spam emails
- Restrictions with filters
- Server issue
Now let us check how to fix these issues one by one
1. Storage Error
Gmail is among few email service provider that offers you 15GB of storage and if you are only Gmail users and not using other Google services then this is just enough. But if you are using other services such as Google Drive, Photos, and other then this memory might not be enough for you and for this reason you might facing the problem of not receiving emails on Gmail account.
To check your current storage, go to view current storage page and check out the total consumption, if it is already utilized 15GB then there are two ways to still work with that. Either switch to upgrading storage or transfer files to another Gmail account.
If you don’t wish to spend money on upgrading storage then create a new account and transfer Google Drive data to it and delete from the current account. Follow some simple steps here.
- Once you have created a Gmail account, go to Google Drive.
- Select all the files and share it with the new Gmail account you have creates and give it access as permission to Is Owner from Advanced option.
- Now open Google Drive on newly created account, navigate to Shared with me filter on the left sidebar.
- Now all you need to make a new copy of the received data. Right-click and click on Make a copy and rename it.
Now you have successfully transferred all you data to new Google account. You can now delete all the data from previous Google account to free up space. Now with this your Gmail will work fine.
If memory consumption is not an issue then you must check some other fixes also.
2. Check Spam Emails
This is probably for those users where Gmail not receiving some particular emails. Sometimes due to security and privacy, Google detects some unusual content and directly move an email to a Spam email folder. You may be getting issue just because of this. You can check your Spam emails with the
- Open your Gmail account.
- From the left sidebar, tap on Spam email option, if not located click More and then select.
- Here you can see all your Spam email that may automatically Google has moved or mover by the
You might find the email here which you are looking for. But still, there are some other factors also causing this issue.
3. Check Filters Settings
Knowingly or unknowingly you may have applied a filters to receive emails on Gmail account. Some of the filters would be like word limitations, blocked addresses, and other such things. You can reset the filters from Gmail settings. Follow some steps here.
- Open Gmail account and go to the Settings icon on the top right of the account screen.
- Tap on Filters and Blocked Addresses tab and delete the filters option and blocked addresses.
This may fix this issue! Still, the problem is not solved? then there might be a
4. Server Issue
When you are using Gmail account on other email client such as on iPhone, other other Mail services then server issue might be the problem of not receiving emails on your Gmail account. Let us fix this too.
- Go to Gmail account and open Settings from the ⚙️ icon.
- Tap on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “IMAP Access” section, select Enable IMAP.
- Tap on Save Changes button.
Now change settings on client email and for this change Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server and Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server. Check the below table for latest updates.
Once you have updated this, check
These are the four most common issue we have seen for many users. We recommend you to check all of them in sequence and hope this fix all your problem. For the latest tech tutorials, online deals follow us on Facebook, Twitter.