Last updated on February 22nd, 2021 at 03:59 am
The profile picture is something that is first displayed as your identity. People more often remember you by face instead of your name if you met them after quite along.
This is the reason we have a display picture on almost every social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and all others.
Everyone loves to update their profile picture periodically, as you can easily change your profile picture from your PC, but who has time to open the laptop just to change your profile picture.
Everyone uses smartphones and you can easily change Gmail Profile picture on an Android phone.
- Must see: How to sync desktop PC with Google Drive and Google Photo
- How to download Google Maps offline navigation on iPhone and Android
Unfortunately, you can’t find the option on your Gmail app to change your Gmail profile picture on an Android smartphone.
But everything has a solution. Here we have taken the best method by which you can easily change your Gmail Display photo. Let us check out the following steps.
We have followed two methods, you can go for anyone method you like or the app you have already installed on your Android phone.
How to Change Gmail Profile Picture on Android
Using Gmail Application
Luckily, Gmail now offers you an instant change of your profile picture from the Gmail app.
Follow some steps here.
- Open Gmail app on your phone
- Click on the profile picture on the top. (If you have multiple accounts, the list appears, click on the logo next to the account you want to change the picture).
- Click on the Change option.
- Select the picture to apply. You can also remove the picture permanently.
Using Hangouts App
- Download Hangouts App if you don’t have it from the Play Store. Open it once it successfully installed on your Android phone.
- Log in to the Gmail account you wish to change the profile picture.
- On the very first screen of Hangouts, on the top left corner tap the three horizontal lines icon.
- From the drop-down list, select Settings. Here you might see different accounts if you have Signed in. Just tap on the account you want to change your profile picture.
- Under the General Settings, tap on the DP icon next to Profile Photo.
- If you make any changes to anyone official Google application then it by default changes to all linked account of Google.
- Now tap on Set Profile Photo option to change your Gmail Profile photo.
STEP 7: You can select a Take photo or Choose Photo option from your Android phone. Now after Choosing a photo click on the Accept option. You can manually zoom in or zoom out the profile picture before setting it up.
By following these steps you can easily change your Gmail profile photo on your Android smartphone. There is also another way to change your Display picture on Gmail by using Google+ App.
- Must Check: How to generate an automatic signature on every mail you send
- How to stop unwanted Emails and block them permanently?
Using Google+ App (No longer existing)
NOTE: Google+ is no longer available so this is an old method when the post was published.
If you don’t use Hangouts then probably you have the Google+ app on your Android smartphone.
Follow some simple steps to change your Gmail account profile picture.
- Open Google+ on your smartphone and sign in with your Gmail login credentials.
- Tap on the Profile icon (See screenshot) and click on the EDIT PROFILE button.
- Tap on the Profile Picture icon to select another profile picture to set. Here you can also change your cover photo displays on your Google+ account.
- Once you select the new profile picture, click on SAVE on the top right corner.
By following these simple steps you can easily change the Gmail profile picture on Android Phone.
You may also like
- How to export contacts from Gmail to Excel worksheet
- How to export contacts from Yahoo to Gmail account
I hope this tutorial on How to Change Gmail Profile Picture on Android works out great for you.