If you are looking for some of the top recommendations for the best email tracking apps, then here is a comprehensive detail you must choose per your requirements. You must know certain conditions and requirements before choosing the right one for you.
It’s safe to assume that, as a business owner, you are familiar with email marketing.
Maybe you think you’ve written the ideal email, complete with an intriguing headline, exciting text, and a powerful CTA.
So, what gives? Why haven’t you heard back from anyone? Has the receiver even received your email? Did it get lost in the sea of promotional emails?
You must have some kind of feedback loop to ensure that your messages are being received.
That is where email tracking software comes in.
Signing up for and installing an email tracker will provide access to data showing you when your emails were opened, whether any links inside the email were clicked, and more.
In this piece, I’ll be delving further into email tracking software. Find out how email monitoring works, why it’s useful for businesses, and which eight applications are best.
Firstly we will see the top ten list, and then we will dig deeper to help you select the best for you and your business.
Email Tracking Software for Gmail Users
- Cirrus Insight
SalesHandy is our top choice among all email tracking software. It provides a great tool to work and analyze the email on your Gmail account. To optimize your work, it gives you email tracking, document tracking, and mail merge campaigns.
- Auto-follow up: With auto-follow up, you can personalize your email to different levels integrated into your Gmail account. You can tag your emails as “Not Opened,” “Not Replied,” and “Been Sent.”
- Email tracking on Gmail: You can see the read-option directly on your Gmail account whether the email is read or not. It indicates the double tick with the period it has seen.
- Email Templates: Templates are a convenient way to add text or images to Gmail. You can customize templates and add them anytime. You can also use HTML templates on Gmail.
- Email Scheduling: You no longer miss sending any critical email from your Gmail account. SalesHandy offers you a great way to schedule your email. Just compose an email and use Send Later button. Here you can change the location timing and dates specifically.
- Mail Merge with Gmail: Easily send emails to recipients with their customization in one go. You can instantly send 2000 emails with trackable links.
SalesHandy comes in 4 different plans.
- Free Plan: This plan allows unlimited email tracking and a 14-day free trial for premium licenses.
- Regular Plan: Regular plan from SalesHandy includes unlimited email tracking + email scheduling, + Mail Merge. The plan starts at $7/user/month.
- Plus Plan: Plus plan gives you the addition of mail merge with auto follow-up with all plans with the Regular plan. The plan starts at $16/per user/month.
- Enterprise: Recommended for high-volume campaigns, including all the features such as Integration, Team tracking, and Customer support. The plan starts at $40/user/month.
Outreach is a sales engagement platform that provides you to take email productivity to the next level. With its best-in-class interface, you can have a 360-degree overview to track every detail. It has many advanced features.
- Email & Content templates: Quickly navigate to a separate panel showing activities, accounts, tasks, and other customized options to see everything on a single screen. You can create customized templates to send them quickly with shortcuts.
- Engagement Insights: The best tool for email marketers to check the complete engagement ensign of the emails you have sent. The platform gives you the detail of contact connectivity. You can also check the contacts yet to connect.
- Sales email & Tracking: Great way to track your email. You can quickly check who has opened and who has not. You can check the engagement score of individual contacts’ emails opened, clicked, and received replies.
- Chrome Extension: The extension nicely fits with Gmail and provides excellent tools at your fingertips. It offers you a sales sequence list, sales rep workflow, sales intelligence, and other productivity tools.
Outreach does not offer any direct purchases yet. But you have to reach out to request the pricing as per your requirements. You can also request a demo to get a free version of Outreach.
SalesLoft is another tracking platform that lets you connect with people, solve queries, and optimize your work. SalesLoft gives you a fantastic platform to work with where you can have complete analytics of emails, improve connectivity, generate pipeline, intelligence insights, and a lot more.
Let us quickly check some of the extra features from SalesLoft
- Personalization: Easily connect with your contacts and engage with them. You can personalize your email according to your preferences. You can auto-respond to less prioritized emails. Create templates to send images with tailored messages.
- Email Deliverability: Check the status of email deliverability, whether it is checked or not, and you can get notifications if the recipient is out of the office. Moreover, it scans every email about spam and blocks the addresses for further communication.
- Process Automation: Automate your email with different tools. You can schedule your scan with different time zones where the person is located. You can connect with the right person in your workflow in real time with an engagement trigger.
- Manage Sales: You can get more than just tracking your email. Many advanced features become a productive tool when looking for sales.
You have to request pricing according to the users you are dealing with. It is entirely value for money. You can select any number of users to get the right price.
4. Cirrus Insight
Have you ever thought that Gmail is missing some features that you require? Cirrus Insight is the perfect solution for all your inconvenience while using Gmail. It optimizes Gmail with different excellent options, from email tracking to attachment tracking. Its Salesforce integration makes it a perfect choice. You can add new data, update records in Salesforce, and sync emails to Salesforce, all from Gmail.
Let us review its extra features.
- Sales Productivity: Directly engage with the clients by checking when the email is opened; you can set follow-up reminders to your email contacts so you can not miss the right customer. Use the template to cover more people in less time.
- Schedule Meetings: Suppose you have many clients working from all over the world. Cirrus Insight intelligently schedules the meeting according to the respective time zones.
- Drip Campaign: With the series of emails, you can directly set an email reminder to different contacts. Cirrus Insight provides you with Flight Plans with which you can analyze your emails and check essential metrics.
- Attachment Tracking: The a great way to check the attachment insights. You can check the time users spend on an email attachment, what they are more interested in, and what attachments they have not opened. All of these you can get in Attach option.
Cirrus Insight comes with three plans and with monthly and Yearly based subscriptions. You can get an extra discount on an annual subscription.
- Starter: Some of the top features include in the Starter plan are open alerts & email templates, follow-up reminders, mail merge email campaigns, attachment trackings, a meeting scheduler, and a lot more. The plan starts at $27/per user/month.
- Closer: In the Closer plan, you have all the Starter’s plan features, and along with this, you have attachment tracking for teams, event scheduling pages, and document management. The plan starts at $45/user/month.
- Rainmaker: Rainmaker plan includes both Starter and Closer’s features and provides you email nurturing emails, save and share telephone scripts, target outcomes, and team metrics. The plan starts at $72/user/month.
Mailtrack is mainly designed only to track your email. It is a lightweight tool that provides you with all the information about the email you have sent. If you are not looking for any extra features, then definitely pick this one. Before every email, you can get the tick mark if the email is opened. The single tick represents the email sent, and the double tick represents the email read.
Mailtrack additional features
- Email activity: Check your mailbox directly if your email is opened or not. You can notify with the number of times the email is opened and at what time the email is opened.
- Real-time notification: Nothing else is better than having your customer online. You will get a real-time alert when the email is opened, and you can directly engage with them to start a productive conversation.
- Activity Dashboard: The activity dashboard provides a detailed analysis of unopened emails, last opened emails, click reports, all-track emails, and other such options.
Mailtrack has flexible pricing options from monthly to yearly plans.
- Monthly plan: $9.99/ month
- Quarterly plan: $6.90/ month
- Yearly plan: $4.99/month
MixMax is a great way to track your emails more intelligently and quickly. It performs well for email marketing, sales engagements, and email automation platforms. MixMax is a complete suite that is required for additional email features. Let us have a look.
- One-click meeting: With additional options on your Gmail, you can add a meeting schedule and notify a slot at specific times and dates. You can also share your availability with the user’s end to optimize the time properly.
- One-click templates: Stop wasting time creating duplicate emails repeatedly; with templates, you can instantly add templates already created as much as you require.
- Email scheduling: Compose your email and schedule it for the right time. You can set a specific time according to different geographical time zones.
- Surveys: Without any additional plugin, you can easily create surveys for your customer to understand your customer correctly.
- Integration with other Cloud storage: MixMax allows you to integrate with third-party apps such as Dropbox, box to send attachments directly from there.
MixMax currently has 4 plans depending upon the requirements; check out all the plans here and the pricing of each plan. You may note the additional 25% discount is available for the purchase of an annual subscription.
- Starter plan: It includes unlimited email tracking, reminders, sending later, scheduling, and templates. The plan starts at $9/user/month.
- Small Business: Looking for small business plans, this is the best deal as here you can get all the features available in the Starter plan and, along with this CRM integration, infinite sequences, shared templates, and schedules on shared calendars. The plan starts at $24/user/month.
- Growth plan: Everything included in Starter and Growth plan plus Salesforce API integration, team reports, Shared sequences, workflow automation, and Custom branded emails. The plan starts at $49/user/month.
- Enterprise plan: Here, you can get advanced tracking and insights options, enterprise-level settings, custom domains, a dedicated account manager, and other advanced integration features. You have to contact the team for pricing.
Yesware is a fantastic email software for business relationships. Other than tracking your emails, you can also improve your productivity in sales and management. And along with these, it also provides integration with Salesforce and Linkedin sales navigator.
Additional features from Yesware
- Real-time email tracking: Yesware notifies real-time analytics of the email opened and the amount of time spent on email attachments. You can also review your progress by downloading your Personal and Team tracking report.
- Templates: Templates make email better and faster. Built a pre-written library and sent it instantly to the clients. You can use placeholders, drop-downs, and dynamic fields to send emails to everyone specifically and all of this works on your existing Gmail account.
- Personalized Campaign: Create a campaign for maximum involvement of your customer. You can create a manual email, automated email, phone call, manual task, or LinkedIn InMail. You can upload a list of recipients from CSV files, Salesforce or manually add them.
- Reporting and Analytics: Track every email activity to analyze your customer better. You can view sent, open, click, and reply rates and download the reports for the next steps. You can also track the template reports and how the end-users use them.
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator: Along with Salesforce integration, Yesware brings out the integration with LinkedIn Sales Navigator to provide powerful features and boost productivity.
Yesware currently comes with 3 plans with different pricing and in-built features.
- Pro Plan: It includes real-time tracking, presentation tracking & analytics, templates & reports, email scheduling & Reminders. The plan starts at $12/user/month.
- Premium: The premium plan consists of all the features of the Pro plan, and in addition, you will get Campaign, team template sharing, role-based permission, and much more. The plan starts at $25/user/month.
- Enterprise: The Enterprise plan is a good choice for a more comprehensive platform. Here it includes all the above plans plus CRM sync, Salesforce inbox sidebar, Salesforce integration, and email supports. The plan starts at $55/user/month.
Bananatag is another best email marketing tool where you can create an email, get data and metrics of emails, and engage your employees with the email you sent. Bananatag provides you to create beautiful emails directly on the email clients with a simple drag & drop option. Add your HTML templates and surveys platform to know your customer better.
Features of Bananatag
- Email tracking and metrics: You can use real-time data to improve communication. Bananatag clearly defines the emails which are opened, clicked, and in real-time. You can also see the graph of emails sent and read with weeks.
- Email design: How impressive it looks when someone notices the quality of design of your email. Bananatag offers you to import custom designs with HTML. You can customize the templates available in newsletters, Alerts, and Updates.
- Pulse surveys and feedback: To engage with your customers, it is better to add a survey and feedback. Bananatag provides you with pulse surveys, comments, and polls to work with readers in a better way. You can also see the reactions from the users’ end, such as using social sharing, like buttons, and others.
Similar to the above applications, Bananatag offers 3 plans per your requirement, but the pricing is available upon request.
- Essential plan: Includes email tracking and metrics, read time, click maps, design, template library, and client integration.
- Power plan: Includes everything with Essential’s plan plus pulse surveys, social reactions, comments, NPS surveys, and custom email reports.
- Enterprise plan: Comes with the package of both Essential and Power plan plus User permission, SSO, API, Multi-domain, and web-hooks.
Well, these are some of the top recommended email tracking apps for Gmail, and before you purchase, you must read some below points to understand them better for your work or business.
What is Email Tracking Software, and how does it work?
Email tracking software or email tracker keeps a record of your emails to your clients, customers, and employees. Email tracking provides you information about whether the email is read or not, whether an email attachment is opened, and how long the end-users see the attachments.
Whenever you send an email from any email client, such as Gmail, the tracking software integrates with Gmail. It provides you with extra information and the real-time activity of the email recipients.
What are your requirements?
Firstly, check your business requirements and select the email tracking software. Most of them offer different plans according to the required features you can choose from.
Most of them offer a free trial, and it is highly recommended to use a free version before you pay for any subscription.
We have reviewed the top recommendation for the best email tracker for Gmail. If you are specifically looking for email tracking, then Mailtrack is the best and cheapest option. Otherwise, with some extra features, you can also go with SalesHandy.
I hope you find this article informative and decide best for you and your company!
For other recommendations and deals, follow us on Facebook and Twitter. You can also subscribe to the newsletter for the latest updates.