Here in this article, you come to know what is Phishing and how to avoid these Phishing Threats. Mostly Phishing threats are by sending Email to the people and on opening, you may fall victim of these scams.
What is Phishing?
Phishing is an attempt to steal your confidential information such as your password, your bank account details and much more.
Phishing attacks by sending emails or instant messages as they contain a threatening link which may grab all your sensitive pieces of information.
Types of Phishing
There are different types of Phishing nowadays. So one must be taken care of being a victim of fraudulent emails. some of the Phishing are discussed below.
- Spear Phishing: Spear Phishing is something to target a particular individual by sending them Phishing email or any other mean. This type of Phishing is most successful on the internet today accounting about 90% of all.
- Clone Phishing: Clone Phishing is a similar resemblance to the email that the user has received from genuine authority. Clone Phishing send you similar format email and may ask to resend the attachments or any files you have sent or that email contains a malicious version. Clone Phishing email address spoofed to appear to come from the original sender.
- Deceptive Phishing: This is another common method used nowadays for Phishing. Sometimes messages come out and ask for resubmission of your account credentials or to verify account information.
- Phone Phishing: Sometimes Phishing comes out by phone. Phishing messages come out and ask to call on given number regarding a problem with their bank account and then they may ask for login credentials.
Phishing: Protect yourself against Phishing Threats
1. Identify Phishing emails
Some tips for suspecting Phishing emails
- Sites seem to be visually similar to actual websites.
- Email received does not show your name. It appears to Dear customer/client which may be fraudulent mail.
- Promoting winning of expensive gifts by clicking on their link.
2. Use secure websites for your sensitive data
Always use secure websites for your sensitive data information as they do not share your information publically. You can easily identify it having https show an icon with a closed lock.
See below screenshot.
3. Check your account periodically
It is always advised to check your account periodically so that your account remains in touch with you and aware of irregular activities on the online transaction.
4. Use Anti-Virus on your PC
It is always recommended to use malware protection software and Anti-Virus so that any foreign attack does not your PC and your sensitive data.
Always keep your PC up to date when there is a security concern. There are many antiviruses. Check Sophos Home Premium Deals.
Sophos Home Premium Discount Offers
5. Ignore links connected to your bank
Never open those links which sometimes appear on your screen that show you as a direct connection link to your bank account.
Always avoid these types of links to stay safe from Phishing.
You may also like
I hope you understand the Phishing Threats and up to what extent does it affect to you if you are not aware. Hope this tutorial makes you aware of ongoing cyber attacks.