Last updated on July 27th, 2019 at 02:25 pm
iMessage is a great medium to send messages across all Apple devices but sometimes it becomes a
Here in this tutorial, we are going to show you two methods from which you can completely turn off iMessage on your Mac and also the other way by which you can access iMessages on your Mac but stop receiving messages notification and alerts on your Mac screen.
How to Disable Message Alerts on MacBook
Method 1: Completely turn off iMessage
Note: You can not receive or able to send messages anymore if you have disabled iMessage from your Mac.
1. Open Message app on your Mac. If you are unable to locate, go to Dock and click on Launchpad. Search for Message and click on it.
2. On the top left of screen, click on Messages and choose Preferences.
3. Click on the iMessage tab on the top and tap on Sign out button.
Once you are done with these steps, you are successfully logged out from your account and you will not receive any message anymore.
Method 2: Stop incoming iMessage notification on Mac screen
This is best way that does not display any notification on screen but still works on background. With this you have to manually check for the messages for any new incoming message. Check out some simple steps to stop notification on screen.
1. On the home screen of your Mac, click on Apple logo and choose System Preferences.
2. Go to Notification option.
3. Now from the left side list, click on Message and on the right side under Messages alert style, choose None.
Now with these steps you will not receive any notification on your screen. Now it is completely your preferences that which method you like as per your requirements.
Articles you may like: