After a long wait to Windows Users, Google now brings Dark Mode feature on Google Chrome.
As earlier, it was available only for Mac users. Before you switch to dark mode make sure your Google Chrome is updated to the latest version.
Enabling Dark Mode for Google Chrome is in its earlier stage and maybe some users still unable to switch.
But you have an alternative to use force-dark-mode option. Here in this tutorial, we are going to discuss all these options to enable dark mode on Chrome browser.
How to Turn ON Dark Mode on Chrome Browser
Method 1: Enable Dark mode on Chrome using Flag
Follow some simple steps to use force-dark-mode option.
- Go to Chrome Browser
- On your taskbar, right-click on the Chrome logo and select Pin to taskbar.
- Now from the taskbar, right-click on Chrome again and select Properties option.
- Expand the Shortcut tab from the top list.
- Attach the below path at the end of the
Target should look like similar to this line:
"C:\Users\xboxl\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome SxS\Application\chrome.exe" --force-dark-mode
- Click on Apply button and then OK to save the changes.
Now once you successfully made the changes, every time you open Chrome Browser, you can see the dark mode enabled.
If you are no longer interested in dark mode for Google Chrome browser, you can disable it by removing the extension path
This was the force dark mode and there is also another option to switch to dark mode on Chrome using Settings option.
Method 2: Turn ON Chrome Browser dark mode using Settings
- Go to Settings of your PC.
- Tap on Personalization.
- Click on Colors option.
- Under the More Options, go to Choose your default app mode and select Dark mode option.
With these steps, you can easily turn the dark mode on all compatible dark-mode applications that you run on your Windows PC.
As it is up to you whether you like this newly added feature for Chrome browser on Windows 10.
You can disable this option anytime. Dark mode brings the attractive look for Chrome browser that most of the users loved!
All the options remain the same and work like it before, only the appearance changes. If you have not tried this feature, enable this and enjoy new appearance.
I hope you find this information about How to Enable Google Chrome Dark Mode on Windows 10 useful.
Articles you may like!
- How to download YouTube videos for free on Windows PC?
- How to change browser location on Google Chrome?
- How to stop unwanted emails and block them permanently