Looking for best project management software? Here is a comprehensive guide to
No matters how big or small company you are running, everyone requires a managing tool to optimize the business and boost productivity. In the end we are going to draw a conclusion about which is going to be perfect choice according to the capacity of your team.
Here are our top 10 choices for best project management tools that actually work
Monday.com is quite popular in the project management industry and is a widely used platform to optimize the teamwork right on your hand. This is a perfect solution for small to bigger scale management. Monday.com provides
Monday.com is completely a new way to transform your work with your team. With its amazing dashboard, you can have a bird-eye on every team members work and you can customize the preferences from the same place.
Features of Monday.com
1. Template customization: Monday.com offers you different templates according to your work. Choose out from them and manually customize to fit it with your business. You can use as many templates as you require in your workflow.
2. Manage your team: From a single dashboard, manage your team task, progress, and view the real-time activities. You can mark the
3. Collaborate: For business communication plays the
4. Track the progress: You can track every progress from small changes to larger on Monday.com platform. This brings you the transparency and the comparisons of work done with past time intervals.
5. Supports third-party collaboration: If you are running a project, it is obvious that you have multitasks and to bring every application on one place, Monday.com brings integration with other partners such as Google Drive, Excel, Trello, Dropbox, Google Calendar, Zapier, and so much more.
Monday.com provides great flexibility and you have to pay only what you require for. You can manually choose the users in your team and according to that different plan pricing available.
- Basic: With a basic plan, you get iOS, Android apps, unlimited boards, Kanban view, Embedded forms, 2-FA, email support.
- Standard: In the standard plan you get additional timeline view, calendar view, form customization, time tracking, and Advanced search. This is the most popular plan.
- Pro: In the pro plan you can get unlimited storage and unlimited activity logs. Along with this, you can access Time tracking, Chart view, Formula column, Custom tags, and Private boards
There is also an Enterprise plan where you can customize your preferred tool and for that, you have to contact the sales team.
Wrike is another top choice of many admins running small as well as large teams. It is simple to use and provides you with many advanced features that make the workflow easier than ever. Wrike is an online project management software that has great ways to organize the work. Wrike is recommended for marketing purpose, tailor
Wrike is a great productive tool no matter whether you have a team of two or 500+. All of them can be handled from a single screen and you can track every progress with
Features of Wrike
1. Real-time work visibility: Track every single step of your team to know what is running and what more have to do. With real-time work visibility, you can customize workflow and the analytics of different team members. You can check the activity chart if different tasks.
2. Efficient resource management: Wrike provides you resources management tool to balance the team workload and arrange the project based on team capacity.
3. Customized automated workflow: Automate your workflow without wasting your time. Wrike provides a
4. Pre-build templates: Many pre-built templates ease the work, customize them and manage all your work at the
5. Integration: Wrike is a great medium to integrate with other productivity tools such as Salesforce, Google, Microsoft, Zira, Slack and many others.
Depends on the users requirement, Wrike offers different pricing option.
- Professional: (for 2-15 users) – Includes task management, Gantt chart, Advanced integration, 5GB free storage, collaboration, shareable dashboard.
- Business: (for 15-200 users) – Addition includes real-time reports, report templates, time tracking, calendars, Salesforce integration, 50GB free storage.
Wrike also comes with Marketers and Enterprise plan and for that, you have to contact the sales team directly.
Asana is another great online tool to manage and track every progress of your team. Asana offers you to sync, hit deadlines, and to reach the goal at the optimum time. Asana has a
Asana is one of the best marketing tools to perform well on every level of
Additional features from Asana
1. Insight data: Have a complete in-depth insight view of all team members on a single dashboard. You can easily understand how people performing to the available task.
2. Better privacy: Asana allows you to create a team or share with some specific members the sensitive information about your company. This maintain the privacy of you company’s future decisions.
3. Amazing template gallery: With great collections of templates from Asana you can customize according to the work you handle and you can reorder them according to your workflow.
4. Priority tracking: Keep track what is more important to you on by prioritizing the level of tasks. The most import tasks can be placed on the top and
5. Manage Team workload:
Analyze the workload of every user and manage the team workload. You can share the tasks to make a balance among team members. You can complete access to what stage the work has been done.
From small scale team to enterprise-level, Asana offers flexible plans according to the user’s requirement. Currently, it offers you 4 plans.
- Basic: Get access to tasks, list view, calendar view, due date tasks. Recommended for collaborating with up to 15 teammates
- Premium: Additionally you get timeline, advanced reporting, custom templates, admin console, manage private teams, Task dependencies. Great for the
teamover 30 members.
- Business: This mostly includes business tools such as advanced integration, portfolio, workload, forms, proofing, and other hi-tech features.
In the Enterprise plan, you can customize your preference and tooling equipment by contacting the team directly.
Looking for a smart solution to manage your project? LiquidPlanner is another top choice of many startups to big enterprise companies. This is the intelligent, resource-driven scheduling technology with which you can improve team efficiency, know the real statistics, visualize the performance and hit the target before the
It has complete support on how you can start using from beginning to a pro
1. Smart Scheduling: No one wants to delay the work than the deadline date. So smart scheduling is the best way to organize the task what is urgent and what can be dealt to balance the workflow. You can prioritize the task with effort estimates to each member of a
2. Workload reports: Daily check the time availability of each team member and looking to that you can balance the work if other team member lacking with time.
3. Cross Project visibility: Get every data on a
4. Time tracking: This is a great tool to track how much your team spend on the specific project individually. You can better analyze the team effort on projects.
5. Advanced analytics reporting: Check out all your productivity, time remaining of entire portfolios. With advanced reports, you can analyze project performance, resource utilization, baseline trends, costs & profits.
Liquid planner allows 14-days free trial period and two paid plans according to the number of users and additional features.
- Professional: Recommended for departments and small businesses that includes trend charts, card views, project platforms, custom fields.
- Enterprise: Recommended for large organizations that manage hundreds of projects. It includes workload reports, expenses, Single Sign-On, and other advanced features.
SmartSheet is a leading tool in its category since 2006. It provides you with a powerful work execution platform that brings great value for regulating your workflow. From small scale team to enterprise-level, every advanced feature is embedded in it. It has clean, nice interface to manage all your work.
SmartSheets helps you to target the project that matters most at the
1. Project scheduling & planning: On a sheet of Project launch plan, you can set proper scheduling of project tasks at
2. Task tracking: With task-tracking ensure that nothing slips the deadline time. Improve the accountability of the
3. Resource management: Running multiple projects? Properly allocates the resource with more precisely at a
4. Strategic planning: Collaborate with your team and engage with them to show the graphs about the work completed or need to be done in the required time. It provides the role of all team members to collectively share ideas to optimize the workflow.
5. Program roll-ups: Analyze all your workflows on the same panel. Check how much progress is done on your current project with real-time metrics. It summarizes the project timing and provides you a
Currently SmartSheet has for plans from Individual to Premier plan.
- Individual: Includes automate workflows, free library of templates, Capture data with forms.
- Business: Additionally includes live data on a dashboard, activity logs, custom branding, manage group and users, visualize real-time activities.
- Enterprise: All features from above plans plus advanced admin controls, single sign-on, and group admin features.
- Premier: Includes additional premium supports, premium apps collaboration.
Hive is another benchmark solution for process and project management. Hive’s mission is to improve workplace productivity with simple navigation. The reason for listing Hive on our best recommendation is its Pro features at reasonable pricing. You can have unlimited projects with Hive and desktop application for better tracking.
Hive has all basic features such as automated workflows, communication panel, analytics, time tracking, resource plan
Hive advanced features
1. Flexible layout option: Choose the custom layout, the more you require, keep it on top. You can transform the layout by arranging different charts, graphs, and other templates.
2. Predictive Analytics: Intelligently Hive works all your work with its predictive analytics powered by machine learning.
3. Summary Views: Hit the right choice with a
4. Native Messaging: Hive offers you a common place to manage all messaging, tasks, and files. You no longer require to open different applications and tabs to operate a similar work. Everything comes on a panel of Hive.
5. Integrations: Smart integrations save our lot of time and reduce idle work. Hive offers its integration with 1000+ tools including Google Drive, Dropbox.
Hive has only two plan and we think this is the best pricing when we compare with other software. The reason is, it does not differentiate the features with different level of plans.
- Professional plan: This is compatible with all size of companies. It includes unlimited projects and messages, unlimited storage, PM toolkit, data export option.
Hive also comes with Enterprise plan that consists of a dedicated account manager, rollout support, advanced analytics and much more.
Basecamp consists of one of the highest numbers of business it is holding. It starts in 1999 and now millions of users working on Basecamp platform to increase accountability, communicate more effectively, and improving productivity. Basecamp has an amazing interface and you can choose a different theme to make the
Along with all of these you can get daily digest right on your email on every morning about yesterday’s work and upcoming today’s work. Basecamp allows you to add YouTube links, tweets in messages and comments.
1. To-do lists: Create a to-do list and set the deadline for all the task. Basecamp holds all the problems in its hands. It provides you with the
2. Message boards & schedules: Message board helps you to make all your same task messages on the same place. Now you don’t have to manual look-up for emails or previous messages from different conversations. Having all messages on the
3. Document & File storage: Basecamp provides you with the document and file storage that helps you and your team to get information from a
4. Real-time group chat: Every team require conversation in order to work together. Basecamp has an in-built feature of
5. Client Access: I
Basecamp has a single plan and only recommended if your company have many users. You have to pay monthly no matters how many users you have, how many projects you are dealing and with 500GB free storage.
Podio is another top-rated Project Management and collaboration application which structure your workflow smartly. If you are looking for a budget tool with all advanced features then you must go for Podio.
Features of Podio
1. Dedicated workspace: Podio provides you to add anyone on the workspace. You can either use private workspace for sensitive information or open workspace for common information with all team members.
2. Communication & Online meetings: Podio works with other application too. You can use
3. Tasks, files, and calendaring: Bring all the tasks at commonplace to ensure what progress is done and what is required to do. With Calendaring, the tasks near to deadline indicated on the top to complete them on time.
4. Integrations: All major file-sharing platforms work with Podio such as Dropbox, box, Google Drive so that you can sync the data instantly.
Podio comes with three plans at very reasonable pricing options
- Basic: Includes app & workspace, task management, user management, unlimited external users.
- Plus: Additionally includes Automated workflows and read-only access.
- Premium: With all the above features included in the
Premiumplan, it extra provides you with visual reports, contact syncs, sales dashboard.
Workzone is a great way to centralize all your work at a common workspace. Easily check where your project stands out by analyzing the real-time reporting. You can select different prebuilt templates with different industries such as annual reports, social campaign, newsletter and much more.
Workzone provides you with the mapping of the work done from beginning to the end of the task.
1. Project visualization: With the project timeline, amp all the activities right from the start of the project to the
2. Personalize to-do tasks: You can focus on what matters with personalized to-do tasks. Every user gets an email for their specific tasks in a day to reach the completion of the
3. Balance workload: Resource reports to make sure no one has excess workload while performing tasks. You can balance the work with a quick view on the time devoted to a project by each user.
4. Comment & collaborate: If you find something not good, comment on the task and it automatically notifies all team members to stay on a loop.
5. Markup tools: With markup tools, you can customize the
Workzone comes in three plans with different features and pricing.
- Team: This provides you with File sharing, review, training session, project templates, project management, and 100GB storage.
- Professional: Additionally if provides you 150GB storage, custom project intake forms, and API access.
- Enterprise: In addition to the above plans you can get extra features such as custom files, single sign-on, custom reporting, workspace groups, and critical path.
Jira is an amazing platform to work with. The best thing we like in Jira is its easy reporting panel to understand the workflow better and analyze where the project is lacking. You can easily optimize the work with all visual metrics on one screen. Jira also provides a great security measure to keep all your data and information safe.
With its mobile usability you can keep your work in a flow.
1. Customizable scrum boards: Check out its customizable scrum board, you will definitely love this. On the same screen, you can set a
2. Roadmaps: Check out the status of projects and timeline of completion of projects. With roadmaps, you can sketch out the big picture and communicate with other team members to ensure the work done before the
3. Agile reporting: Real-time reporting, actionable insights help you to get every notification. Different charts such as Burndown chats, burn chat, cumulative flow diagrams, pie charts help you to compare the task in a
5. Kanban boards: Kanban boards help you to differentiate the projects which are yet to complete, already completed, and prioritize according to your requirement.
Jira comes with the price plan for what you use. Only pay for what services, number of licenses you require for your project management. Set your users anywhere between 1-5000 and check the different plans.
- Standard: Standard plan
includesall the features we have discussed above and along with this you get free 250GB file storage.
- Premium: In premium plan, the storage is unlimited and you get premium support 24/7.
Well, this is the list of top 10 best project management software that you can try to improve your workflow and productivity. But some questions are still you might have in your mind. Here below we are discussing all of them.
What are Project Management tools and how it works?
Project management tools is a platform where you can manage your teamwork and review its performances. Here you can set specific goals, deadlines in order to get work done at the right time. Project management is compiled with many different tools from team management to collaboration with integrating to other third-party applications.
Suppose you are having a team of 20 people. Keeping the eye on everyone seems to be impossible every time. It also becomes difficult to know how much each user is productive. With best project management
Do you need a Project Management tool?
If you are getting difficulties in organizing the work among your employees or you are not getting the perfect result what you have expected then definitely you must try project management software. Most of the project management tools offer a free trial period so try it before you purchase.
Project management is best for those who work with an online platform where you can get every detail and with the result, you can improve your workflow.
Is Project Management really improves the
We have seen many graphs and customer review that shared their success stories after using Project management. Let us check in which sector many business and startups have improvements.
- Real-time tracking
- Collaboration with third-party
- Setting deadlines for optimum results
- File storage
- Workflow reports
- Automated workflow and much more
What really best for your business?
Now you might be wondering about which project management is best for you. Here we have discussed every basic feature for each software. The final choice is completely up to you. But in our recommendation, if you have a small team company then Wrike must be a good choice, otherwise, for large scale business, you can go for Monday.com. Alternatively for large scale management if you are looking for a cheaper option then you must go with Basecamp.
I hope you find this information about the best Project Management tools informative and selected the