Last updated on September 3rd, 2019 at 10:57 am
Here is the list of best Virtual Machine VM software for Mac. There is so many software available for every task but in the same way, it becomes hard to pick out one. Well, no worries we are here to provide you with the best and in-depth guide which we have listed after hours of research.
All the VM software which we have mentioned below are used by our team and on the basis of experience and combining with the other user’s reviews for software, we are arranging them from higher priority to lower.
Before going for the Virtual Machine software, let us try to make some definitions clear. If you are already known with them, you are welcome to skip and directly read our top VM software.
What is a
Every computer is specified for one Operating System but Virtual Machine (VM) is an application that enables you to run multiple OS on the same device. Suppose you are having Mac and by default it has macOS, but if you have to add Windows OS on your Mac then you need a Virtual Machine software.
The reason why users switching to Virtual Machine software is its ease of working and smooth operations. If choosing the
Are there free options for Virtual Machine?
Nothing great comes for free! Similar is the case for Virtual Machine too. Although there are many VM software which offers you a completely free license even for enterprise usage but going for paid is a
Alternatives to Virtual Machine
As you already know what exactly the Virtual Machine is. Basically you can add one more Operating System to existing one. The best alternative to VM software is using the other way without complete setup of OS. Suppose if you need to use only productivity apps, games that run on Windows then you can use the integrated software without going for the VM software. We have listed this on 5th place and if you are interested you can try if.
CrossOver from CodeWeavers gives you to access the Windows application on your Mac.
5 Best Virtual Machine Software for Mac
If you are looking for the best solution then go for Parallels Desktop without any second thought. Definitely, a thumbs up to its great features and ease of usage. Good User Experience, super fast speed, quick in file transferring, and lot more it offers.
Parallels Desktop Overview
- Seamless: Without switching to the other or previous OS, you can directly operate the different OS on a single screen. In this way, you can easily transfer files with drag and drop option.
- Easy Setup: The best thing is Parallels Desktop automatically detects what you require. If you are going to download Windows then it automatically pop-up the Windows download option and save your time.
- Lightning-fast: Most of the VMs are heavy and slow down the Mac speed but Parallels Desktop is lightning-fast and runs everything without slowing down your Mac speed.
- Choose your view: Use Coherence Mode for working Windows applications without actually opening Windows OS or set the complete screen of your Mac to the Windows screen. Choose whatever suits you.
Plans from Parallels Desktop
Parallels Desktop is available in the different licenses. You can use Parallels Desktop for Mac, Pro, or Business License with different supported languages. Our reader gets a special discount on the
VMware Fusion is another top choice when we look for the best VM software for Mac. You can easily run Windows on your Mac and other hundreds of OS with more productivity, better security, and Agile. VMware Fusion allows users to run multiple apps across the OS without shutting any individual OS.
For Business users, VMware provides a powerful and secure desktop with better access to the
VMware Fusion Overview
- Powerful graphics: Normally 2D graphics are well shown on all VM but when we see for 3D graphics, many VM software can not be up to the expectations. VMware has powerful graphics for 3D so that you can easily work on designing platforms such as AutoCAD, Solid Works.
- Unity View Mode: With this mode, you can easily run any Windows apps directly from the Dock even if you have minimized the Windows OS.
- Third-party software integration: VMware provides you with an API with which you can integrate with other apps on the same platform.
- Secure VM encryption: VMware provides you with secure VM encryption. This is best in class security for all the data, apps you are working with.
Plans from VMware Fusion
VMware Fusion and VMware Fusion Pro are the two plans that come under the
Don’t miss the special offer that VMware offers to our readers. You can get the best price for VMware Fusion.
VirtualBox from Oracle is another powerful tool in Virtual Machine category. It is well defined for home as well as enterprise-level users. It is free software which is compatible with your Mac.
We found VirtualBox little outdated but if you are looking for a freeware then definitely you must try this. Let us have a quick check on the features it offers.
Oracle VM VirtualBox Overview
- iSCSI support: With this, you can directly connect with iSCSI storage server without going through the host system.
- Multiprocessing hardware support: Oracle VM VirtualBox can present up to 32 virtual CPUs to each virtual machine.
- Remote machine display: With an extension, you can have access to any running Virtual Machine.
Plans from Oracle VM VirtualBox
Oracle VM VirtualBox provides you with a completely free version for both home and enterprise usage.
QEMU is another free Virtual Machine software that runs on macOS to provide you Windows Operating System. At a first look, QEMU is looking like an advanced, lightweight, easy setup option. It has decent emulation speed as it uses dynamic translation.
- Full system emulation: This gives you full access to run Windows and its associated applications on your Mac.
- User mode emulation: Choose the mode what looks good for you.
- Virtualization: Run KVM and Xen virtual machines with near
Plans from QEMU
QEMU is a free VM software so you can use it on your Mac for completely free. Just hit the Download option and follow instructions to install it on your Mac.
CrossOver is an application you can use it on your Mac to run every application you run with Windows OS. It exactly not a Virtual Machine but a convenient way to run applications on Mac. You can easily integrate the Windows applications with macOS in order to use apps right from the dock. CrossOver lets you run all productive software, utility programs, and games all in one application on your Mac.
If your only purpose is to use Windows applications on Mac then this is the best recommendation.
- Run Windows software without rebooting: You do not require any rebooting, just install CrossOver and directly start using Windows applications on Mac. Now there is no issue of transferring files from one platform to another
- One-click installation: This is easy to install and instantly you can CrossOver. Once you have clicked the INSTALL button, rest everything can be taken care by CrossOver itself.
- Superfast speed: Run every application as its native speed. You won’t loose and speed of the applications you are using on Mac and this helps in providing the best gaming experience.
- Seamless integration: While using CrossOver you do not require to transfer files from one file storage to others so everything is available in one place and you have seamless integration with other applications.
Plans from CrossOver
These are the top 5 Best Virtual Machine Software for Mac. You can choose according to your requirement. Many of the above offer you a free trial version so you can try them for free before buying.
I hope you find the best one for you out of the above listed Best VM Software for Mac. As per our experience of usage, we definitely recommend you to go for either Parallels Desktop or VMware. On our result, we found both of them are amazing software to work with and nothing goes wrong while using them.
You may also like: