Last updated on September 20th, 2019 at 03:42 am
You are happy to know that you can easily connect your AirPods to any Android devices whether it is a tablet or phone. You can enjoy the calling services using AirPods while connecting to Android and unlimited music. Just follow simple steps to check how it works.
You have required nothing but Android devices and AirPods charged. And insert the AirPods to the AirPod case. Make sure the Bluetooth of Android Tablet/ Phone is turn ON.
After this follow some simple steps below.
How to Use AirPods with Android?
- Switch Off your AirPods and insert your AirPods to its case if you haven’t done.
- Open Setting on your Android device and turn ON Bluetooth connection.
- Pick out your AirPods from the case
- On the back of AirPod, press and hold the button until the light flashes to be white in colour.
- On your Android device, check for the AirPods appears in the
list. Tap on that and choose Pair to connect
Now your Android device and AirPods get paired and connected. You can use the functions to the fullest but some features may be missing as you enjoy using your iOS device. Let us have a quick look in that.
What features missing in Android while connecting to AirPods?
There are many things that you miss as AirPods are specially designed for iPhone/ iPad and definitely not worth as when you use with Android.
- Siri: Siri won’t work on Android. As on the iPhone, you can change a song, adjust volume, and other such things.
- Switching option: As you can automatically switch with all Apple products such as iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, but with Android, it only allows with a particular phone you are using.
- Ear detection: While using iPhone, AirPods automatically detects the AirPods when you remove from your ears and pause the playlist and then continue when you reinsert. This is missing in Android.
- Single AirPod function: AirPod not works while listening to music and calls with single AirPod as it uses ear detection and single AirPod functioning is limited to iOS devices only.
Well, you might be upset with all these features not working with your Android device. But here is good news. We have also listed some features which work great to your Android device.
- Double-tap option: You can double
–tap on the AirPods button to pause/play the song and with manual customisation, you can select to play next and previous songs.
- Better connectivity range: AirPods have better connectivity Bluetooth range that too works for Android and this is a plus point for Android users.
And if you need some more advantages while using AirPods with Android then you may install some apps to better work with AirPods.
As for Battery level, you can not see the battery percentage left on your Android phone and for that we recommend you to use some Apps such as AirBattery which works similar to iOS device. As it shows battery of your right/ left AirPod, charging case.
You may also like: