Last updated on July 30th, 2019 at 02:58 pm
Looking at the online world as to how it is growing. Both Google Docs and PowerPoint has a remarkable role in their working. But if you are not sure what exactly Google Docs and PowerPoint are then here we are going to discuss each and everything and also provide
Google Docs vs Powerpoint – A Comprehensive Guide
What is Google Docs?
Google Docs is a Document service from Google. It offers you to work in an amazing environment where you can work with modern and advanced tools to make your document best of all. Here you can make smart editing to your documents for free. There are tons of templates available where you can create amazing designs, cover page instantly with prebuilt available templates in very less time.
The best thing that Google Docs offer is the multiple working on the
What is PowerPoint?
PowerPoint is more about presentation. It offers you to provide endless features while creating your PowerPoint Presentation. There are many designs available from which you can work with. You can add custom layouts, texts, and other different things.
Similar to Google Docs, PowerPoint also provides a collaboration feature from which you can work with different colleagues at the
There are lots of similarities and some differences which we are going to cover here.
Similarities Between Google Docs and PowerPoint
We have listed some points which are similar on both Google Docs and PowerPoints
- Prebuilt Templates: Both Google Docs and PowerPoint offers many templates that are already available. This saves a lot of time otherwise you have to create them from scratch.
- Collaboration at real-time: Best for teamwork. If you have a team of many users working on the same platform then both Google Docs and PowerPoint offers you to share the screen at real-time and also all have access to make changes.
- Free to use: You don’t have to pay a penny for using Google Docs and PowerPoint. But PowerPoint offers you additional paid version option that provides you Office 365 along with it.
Differences between Google Docs and PowerPoint
- Google Docs is online and quick to use but PowerPoint is an app that you have to download before using it.
- Additional add-on feature is only available for Google Docs but not available for PowerPoint.
Which is better to use Google Docs or PowerPoint?
As both Google Docs and PowerPoint are used for their different features. Before choosing them you must keep some ideas so that they remain better to pick between them. If your work is more with the Microsoft products such as MS Word, MS Excel, and others then you must definitely go for Microsoft PowerPoint. Otherwise, if you have work with Google Products then you must choose Google Docs.
As in first look, we definitely choose Google Docs as it has an amazing interface to work with. Finally, the choice is yours!
I hope this guide about Google Docs vs PowerPoint clears your every doubt about both.
You may also like: