In this present world, there is no shortage of applications or software for any industry and today in this article we are looking for some of the best apps for writers. No matters what you are writing, with best writing software you can make exciting stories, poems, and write a complete book.
Writing a book is never so easy and if you have already worked in this field then no one understands better than you. But with top-rated applications, you can easily work with new creative ideas, better writing skills, more conceptual writing. The ultimate goal of the writer is to impress the reader with its stories and to create interest and similar for the reader, they must be curious about what happened next. If your story is boring, no one will read!
Recommended: 5 Best Screenwriting software you must use
10 Best Apps For Writers
The Brainstormer is one of the top-rated application for a
The Brainstormer Features
- Classic Brainstormer list which is time tested and
- Random spin option by sticking your device
- Fine-tuning your spins by locking a particular wheel.
- The fully editable spinning wheel that matches your fiction
- Supports Apple Watch for ideas while moving.
The Brainstormer is currently available for iPhone and iPad and you can use it on any browser using WiFi connection. The one-time cost is just $1.99 so its not so expensive and definitely give it a try!
Scrivener is an
With a single powerful app, everything from research to rearranging, Scrivener takes care of it. There are many exciting features that Scrivener offers, let us check some of them.
- Templates & Icons: Add custom icons and templated depending on the project you are working with.
- Track progress: With Scrivener, you can track daily progress about hoe much task is done and how much you improved when compared to the
- No rewrite anymore: Snapshot is a great feature to capture screen before making any changes to it. You can compare with the latest editable version and customize changes easily.
- Auto-save and Backups: Whatever you create, write on Scrivener platform, everything gets autosave so you need not hit the save button every time. And similarly, it also creates a backup to all your works.
- Write from anywhere: Ideas can come anytime and the best thing is Scrivener is available for iOS, macOS and Windows so you can sync using Dropbox or transfer with iTunes.
Scrivener is a professional software and is paid. It comes with 30-days free trial period and also comes with bundle pack. The iOS version is also available. It must be noted that the license purchased is valid for the same device not for every supported device. For example, if you are purchasing a license for macOS, you separately need to buy for iOS if you also looking to work from the
Ulysses is another top recommendation for writers as it is compatible with iOS and MacBook. It gives you the simple and intuitive workspace you can customize according to your taste. It has amazing workspace so that you can work without any distractions, text markup to design your content for stories. Moreover, you can synchronize everything to the third-party software such as Dropbox so that you can easily collaborate.
Ulysses is full of features, here we are going to list some of the most used and exceptional features available.
- Modern Interface: Working on clean interface boost productivity and similarly Ulysses provides you nice, clean interface.
- Theme editor: Customize the editing workspace with a different theme that familiar with your work.
- Project organizers: Give your writing particular groups and subgroups so that you can differentiate them later.
- Add attachments: Visualization is more impactful than just reading, Ulysses offers you to add Images, PDFs, notes, keywords, and lot more.
- Set Writing Limits: We love reaching goals and for this, you have to set writing limits for what you have done and what more to do so that you are ahead of define deadlines.
- Synchronization: Get full synchronization to iCloud and access your written material from anywhere.
- Export & Sharing: You can directly export your writing to Medium or WordPress and also convert them into different formats.
Ulysses comes with the free trial version and with one single subscription, you can use it on iPhone, iPad, and macOS. When looking for its pricing, Ulysses comes with the annual and monthly plan. If your work is longer than 6-7 months then definitely going for an annual subscription is a
4. Google Docs
Google Docs is my personal favourite and the reason is its free of cost up to 15 GB and if you are a writer then 15 GB is more than enough. It comes with different features and amazing tools if you are writing something. Although Google Docs is not specific for a
Basically, Google Docs is used for creating templates, brochures, resume, letters, reports, and much more. There are tons of templates if you require with writing stories.
Google Docs Features
- Voice Typing: Majority of people find writing boring and for them, voice typing is a good idea.
- Revision history: Check all your previous work done by navigating to File > See revision history.
- Offline mode: Most users think Google Docs work with internet connection but it’s not true. You can use and work on offline mode too.
- Suggestion mode: If you are writing in a group then suggestion mode let others get the
highlightof the text changed.
Up to 15 GB Google Docs is completely free but if you exceeded this, either you have to upgrade the storage or create a new Google account.
Werdsmith is another popular choice of many iOS users who are interested in writing. Thousands of writers use Werdsmith to work on their novels, screenplays, stories and articles. It has an amazing workspace to write content. If you are especially looking for iPhone/ iPad then definitely you must give it a try and trust me you love this app as even if you are not writing lover, all your writing skills revive back.
- Limitless writing: Don’t let anything slow down in writing. Everything is just on your fingertips. It syncs between iPhone and iPad so that you can work more productive wherever you are.
- Share your work: We love showing our work. Right?
Werdsmithprovides youwith a tool to share your writing with friends, colleagues via Facebook and Twitter.
- Customize Writing Studio: Make changes what you love. You can personalize the interface with different themes and formats. You can also use different fonts, headings to suits your writing.
- Safe with your work: Never lose your hard work as
Werdsmithbacked all your work in cloud storage and protect it by Face ID or Fingerprints.
Even if you are perfect in writing, there are still some of the errors left and for writers, Grammarly is a must. Even for writing this blog post, Grammarly helped me for modifying errors and suggests other alternatives to different words. So overall it is really helpful in all manners if you are a writer, no matter which platform you are using.
Grammarly is basically an extension to the browser which supports almost every browser and detects the error immediately and you can correct them with a suggestion. Grammarly is only recommended to improve the writing skill to eliminate errors otherwise there is no such feature specific for story writing or others.
- Critical Grammar and Spelling checks
- Readability performance level
- Vocabulary enhancement suggestions
- Plagiarism detector across 16 billion web pages
Some of the above Grammarly features are available for free but if you are looking for all advanced features then you have to jump for the
Evernote is another leading software or application used
It is a single place for your notes, ideas, lists and reminders. You can add notes, attachments, or record memos and organize them so that they are always available to you.
- Search Handwriting: You can easily scan handwritten notes and search handwritings. This is very helpful if you earlier had written content in a notebook and looking same on the screen.
- Multiple languages: Not everyone writes or speak English, thanks to Evernote that can identify 28 typewritten and 11 handwritten languages.
- Pre-Built templates: With so many templates available in Evernote, users can easily create amazing content.
- Synchronization: One of the great way to stay productive across all platform. It syncs all your content with all the devices so that you never miss what you have done.
- Integration: With Evernote, you can connect your favo
urite app to further enhance your productivity.
Evernote comes in the
Ginger software is English grammar and writing app which is similar to Grammarly. It is an extension supported to your browser to improve the grammatical mistakes and improve your writing skills. It has been noticed that for beginners, these types of extensions are really helpful.
The best thing for Ginger software is its availability for iOS along with Windows and Mac. Let us have an overview of its features.
Ginger software Features
- Word prediction: It automatically predicts what comes next and basically saves time. This is similar to the Gmail word prediction.
- Language translation: It supports more than 40 different languages. Now no more separate search on Google Translator.
- Personal trainer: No better way to learn from your own mistakes. Improve your English with the text you have already written and examined them.
- Dictionary: Confused with word meanings? Use the
- Text Reader:
Sometimelistening matters and Ginger software let itself to read the text.
Ginger software comes in free as well as paid plans. Depends on your subscriptions you can save extra the bi-annual plan.
Bear.app is another beautiful, flexible writing app for crafting notes and prose. It gives you the
The most interesting thing for a
There are tons of features that Bear.app offers you! Let us have a look on some of them.
- Add to-dos: Quickly add to-do notes so that you can stay ahead from your deadline.
- Smart data recognition: This helps you to easily recognize links, colour texts, and much more.
- Cross-note links: This helps you to link different contexts in order to give a reference.
- Exporting options: Multiple export options help you to get the written content in different formats.
- iCloud synchronization
Bear.app is a paid that comes in the different pricing model. It comes in a
One more beautifully designed writing app for a beginner as well as for professional. It has an
Let us check some of the features offered by MindNode
- Dark Mode: Ideas can come anytime, use dark mode at night to eliminate strain at night time.
- External screen support: Sometimes, it is better to visualize the content on a different screen. Use the iOS device to preview the content in a different mode.
- Customize panel: Make your favourite tools where you feel easy to use.
- Easy sharing: Directly share the created content in different formats such as docs, CSV, PDF.
- iCloud synchronization: Keep your writing safe and secure with iCloud and access it from anywhere.
MindNode comes in different plans. You have to purchase individually for Mac and iOS device. You can try it for free with its 14-days free trial.
I hope you find this recommendation about the top 10 best Apps for Writers. The final choice is yours. There are many free as well as paid applications for both iOS and Android devices. Go with sequence wise, and we definitely recommend you to install Grammarly (free version) to make your sentence correct along with using other applications.
Must See: Best Project Management Software