Last updated on December 15th, 2020 at 06:06 am
Are you looking for a complete solution to send bulk emails to increase sales, build customer loyalty or brand awareness? Sending bulk emails manually every time is wastage of your valuable hours that you can use to do something else more productive. Email marketing software come as a solution at this point and lead to an increase in customer loyalty, increase in the
There are a ton of email marketing software available in the market these days with growing competition. So which one should you choose? In this article, we have listed below the 8 best email marketing software. We have categorised them according to there features and drawbacks. You can go through them and check which one suits your needs and test it. We have also listed both free and paid software so that you can also go for the trial version to make sure you want to proceed to buy that software.
8 Best Email Marketing Software (Free and Paid)
Here is the list of the 10 best email marketing softwares, both free and paid.
Constant Contact, Inc. is one of the most popular online marketing company which was founded in the year 1995. It has made it to the top of the list of the best email marketing software as it offers great features for the price. It is termed to be a great service for micro-businesses.
Constant Contact offers three plans to its clients. All of the three plans are offered free for the first month.
- Lite. This plan is limited to 1000 emails per month.
- Email. The second plan is the Email plan which offers unlimited emails and file storage also.
- Email Plus. The third is the Email Plus plan which offers unlimited emails, file storage and powerful features which helps to grow business quickly.
Increase in Sales. Email Marketing Automation is the main feature of Constant Contact. It automatically does more than half of the tiring work. This feature makes it quick and easy to automatically send emails to targeted customers or resend emails to this who haven’t opened them. The automatic system makes it easy to increase sales by engaging customers and bulging relational with them through engagement.
Edit and Customise Emails easily. The Editor helps to create templates by choosing from options available in the gallery. The more attractive the email template is the more chance is that it will get clicked. The editor has a lot of options available that make it very easy.
Email tracking. Another great feature that is offered by this email marketing software is email tracking and reporting tools. Using these feature clients can check the results of sending emails by looking at how many have opened, clicked the emails and forwarded to others too. This helps to keep a track of th results the client is getting by using the service.
Cost. The main drawback we found so far is the price range of the service. The one plan with all the features and unlimited emails is priced high. Although we agree that it is one of the best services in this field but other competitors are also coming which offer a good price for the features.
The second on our list of the email marketing platform is GetResponse. This company is run by a multinational team of technical experts. GetResponse brands itself as the world’s easiest email marketing platform. It is available in 27 languages and has 3,50,000 customers in 183 countries.
GetResponse offers four main price plans. These plans can be billed monthly, 12 months with 18% off and 24 months with 30 % off. The Basic, Plus and Professional plan have a free trial period of 30 days. Check out here for the best deal and latest price plans. Let us have a look at the four price plans.
- Basic. You can choose a list size from 1000 up to 100,000 with the first three plans. The price will depend on the list size you choose. This plan includes all the basic features such as email marketing, autoresponders, ads, templates, etc.
- Plus. The next comes the Plus plan which has everything included of the basic plan and other features to sell products, generate leads and increase profit.
- Professional. The professional plan is one step ahead of the plus plan which offers automation builders, webinars and more which help to optimize the results.
- Enterprise. The next is the Enterprise plan which offers features for generating good profit and is designed according to the company
‘s need and targets.
Email Broadcasts. With this software, users can send newsletters about offers and updates to a big audience in one click.
Autoresponders. This feature helps to stay in touch with the customers by sending follow-up emails. This is a great feature offered by this software which helps to set autoresponders according to there need.
Time Travel Delivery tools. With this tool or feature, the users can set time to deliver bulk emails to their clients and the right time can lead to an increase in sales directly.
Analytics and Reporting. This helps a lot by finding which customers didn’t respond to the email and sending them another one sometime later. This feature helps to check each subscriber and information related to how they have engaged in the emails. Analytics and reporting play a vital role in knowing the customers and settings specific goals according to that.
Complicated User Interface. May users have complained about its complicated and cluttered interface which makes it difficult for beginners. Although offering a ton of features at a good price overshadows this con of the GetResponse email marketing software.
Based in Chicago, Illinois ActiveCampaign is another great email marketing software. This email marketing platform is suitable for small to mid-sized businesses.
ActiveCampaign offers a free trial with limited features for its clients to have a look at its interface and how it works. Other than this they have four price plans. Just like GetResponse, you will have to choose the number of contacts you want to send emails to under 100,000 and that will determine the price thereof. Click here to choose the number of contacts and check the price plan for it.
- Lite. This is the cheapest plan and offers basic features such as email marketing, newsletters, support, etc.
- Plus. The second comes the Plus Plan which offers all the features in the Lite plan and CRM/Sale automation, custom branding, SMS marketing, etc.
- Professional. The third comes to the Professional Plan which offers more advanced features such as site messaging, attribution, predictive send and much more.
- Enterprise. This plan is for businesses and offers features that are specifically designed to target specific audiences. This plan offers Custom Domain, Dedicated Account Rep, Custom reporting, free Social Data and more.
Email Marketing. This is the main feature of ActiveCampaign. Users can send broadcast emails to a large audience with this feature to spread offers and news. Triggered emails can also be sent to customers who list to the subscription list or visit the website.
Site Tracking and Sign-up forms. Users can easily track which customers clicked on the emails and performed other actions like responding to automatic emails. It is also easy to create and customize sign up forms to collects information.
CRM. Sales Automation CRM is a very important feature when it comes to tracking the sales process and leads.
Suitable for Small Business. We dint find any annoying drawback of this software. It is great software with a user-friendly interface. But it would be great if they expand features to reach big businesses as well. Otherwise, overall it is a very good email marketing software.
Mailchimp is a software that offers email marketing services. It is also known as an American marketing automation platform that specializes in technology and platforms for marketing departments and organizations.
Like other email marketing software, Mailchimp also has four basic plan, but the good news is that these four plans also include one that is free. Click here to check the latest price for the plans. Let’s take a look at its plans.
- Free. The free plan is great for those who want to try how this service works and has the basic features for new small businesses as well.
- Essentials. The next plan is Essentials. It is a paid plan and is termed great for users who want extra features and support such as email templates, custom branding, and other such features.
- Standard. Next comes the Standard plan. It has everything that is offered in the Free and Essential plan. This plan offers insights, retargeting ads, custom templates that are very important for growing business to reach new audiences.
- Premium. Then we have the premium plan. It has advanced segmentation, phone support, multivariate testing for those users who want all the great features to customize and get a step further from others.
Templates and Designs. Mailchimp offers a great drag and drop design builder which makes creating templates very easy and quickly. This software offers a wide range of options to choose from in case of templates and you can easily recreate difficult designs by only dragging and dropping them.
Integration Friendly. Mailchimp is a very integration-friendly software that easily integrates or allows other apps to integrate without any issue so that all the processes are automatic and fast at the same time.
Good Analytics. This software offers great detailed insights about the emails that got clicked and which user subscribed and not opened an email or which user unsubscribed after opening meals and so on. These detailed analytics helps the company to plan ahead that what they should include or change about the emails or templates to get a higher engagement rate.
Difficult setup. Mailchimp’s setup is different from others. It has different lists, groups amid segments that confuse users at first. And the learning process is also slow as it takes time to figure out what is where and which term is used for what. This setup is said to be good for beginners but for professionals, it’s not that good standard.
ConverKit is one of the new and competing software companies run by 48 team members across 39 cities. As compared to Mailchimp that we have already discussed earlier, this software comes to be much easier to use.
The price of the ConvertKit plans differs according to the number of subscribers you have. The features and services are all the same the only difference is the number of subscribers you have. Check out the detailed pricing here. All the plans listed below can be milled monthly as well as annually.
- 0-1K Subscribers. This subscription is for subscribers up to 1000. The can send unlimited emails for up to 1000 subscribers using this subscription. This is also applicable to other plans only the number of subscribers increases.
- 1K-3k Subscribers. This plan is great for growing businesses. Later they can upgrade to the next plan when they exceed the number of subscribers they already choose the plan for.
- 3K-5K Subscribers. This plan is for 3000 to 5000 subscribers. All these plans also have a free trial so that you can get an idea of the features and how it works.
- Over 5K Subscribers. This plan does not have a specific price as it depends solely on the exact number of subscribers and then they quote the price according to that.
Forms and Landing Pages. With the help of ConverKit users can create and customize impressive sign-up forms. Sign up forms are also a great way to create subscribers and email lists. This software also offers 18 customizable templates that help users to create great landing pages.
Design Emails. Another useful feature of this software is the email designer. With the formating function in the email designer, it is easy to create simple yet knowledgeable emails that convert into clicks. You can also change the background colo
Email Marketing Automations. Automatic emails help to grow customers and build trust. As soon as the company receives a subscriber then the email marketing automation tools help to send timely emails to the client so that they stay in contact and respond and give business in return.
Limited A/B Testing. Although CoverKit is performing great as a newbie as compared to the older and much-established email marketing companies it also has some drawbacks. One of the main drawbacks is that it has limited A/B testing features.
MailerLite is a powerful yet simple email marketing solution that was developed in 2010. The team of MailerLite consists of 60 people who work from 16 countries across the globe. The main office of MailerLite is located in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Mailerlite is one of the most affordable email marketing software available that offer good services too. The best part of MailerLite is that it offers a free plan too. This free plan is limited to 1000 Subscribes and up to 12000 emails per month. This is a good deal when you get it for free. Although free plan surely does have some limitation that the premium plans offer. You can also check its free trial period of 14 days in which you can test it premium features for a limited time. So let’s take a look at them too. You can check the price here for the Premium Plans.
- 1-1000 Subscribers. This is the free plan limited to 10,000 Emails per month.
- 1-1000 Subscribers. This is the paid plan which offers unlimited emails for up to 1000 subscribers.
- 1001-2500 Subscribers. This plan also offers unlimited emails of up to 2500 subscribers with all the features. This is great for small businesses.
- 2501-5000 Subscribers. Another plan is up to 5000 subscribers which works great for more growing businesses.
- 5001-10000 Subscribers. Then last comes the plan for up to 10000 subscribers. All over MailerLite is a good solution for budget-friendly users with decent features.
Grow Business. A good landing page is important for generating more leads. MailerLite helps to customize then landing page with features such as page builder and pre-built templates. Another feature is the pop-up subscribe forms and the embedded forms which also leads to more subscribers. Users can also easily import the subscriber’s email lists and add or delete subscribers according to preference. This feature also helps to solve the issue of duplicate emails as Mailer lite deletes them.
Automation. Building long term and strong relationships with customers depend a lot on how much effort you take to send updates to them or new offers or even a welcome message when they sign up. This is made easy by email automation system which automatically sends emails according to how you have customized the settings and set time for the same.
Personalization. These automatic emails can be made personal by adding names or other things such as birthdays using the personalization feature of MaiterLite.
Segmentation. Adding to its segmentation is another great feature that divides the subscribes based on geography, age, interests, etc. This helps the
Limited Advanced Features. MailerLite lacks some of the advanced features and tools that are available in other email marketing tools, especially in the premium versions. Other drawbacks are its grouping and segmentation tools which are confusing for beginners.
AWeber is another great email marketing platform for small and businesses as well as entrepreneurs. This company was founded in 1998 by Tom Kulzer. Compared to other email marketing software this one is reasonably priced and works well for more than 25K subscribers too. AWeber is praised for its well-designed integrations which helps it to work efficiently with other software too.
AWeber offers a 30-day free trial to the users. For the paid plans quarterly and annually billing options are available. This plan only differs by the number for subscribers you have. To check the prices for the plans click here. The plans are as follows.
- 0-500 Subscribers. This plan is billed at $19 month for users having subscribers up to 500 people.
- 501-2500 Subscribers. The second plan is for subscribes up to 2500 and is billed $29/month.
- 2501-5000 Subscribers. Then comes the plan for subscribers up to 5000 which is billed for $49/month.
- 5001-10000 Subscribers. This plan is great for users having a big subscribers list up to 10K and is priced at $69/month.
- 10001-25000 Subscribers. The plan is for users up to 25K and is priced at $149/month.
- 25K Subscribers. Users can get quote for subscribers for more than 25K.
HTML Templates. With AWeber users can create nice professional email templates, newsletters easily. It is easy to customize the templates according to your need and then pitch your offer to your client so that you get good results. AWeber offers 700 mobile-responsive templates keeping in mind that most of the users use mobile phones more to answer emails quickly.
Drag and Drop Editor. Drag and drop editor is the easiest method to create an email from scratch and is key to a good email marketing company. Users can also preview there work before seeing it to thousands of people, just to make it sure it is perfect.
RSS to Email. This option is great for bloggers who want to gain more audience by sending their blog posts as a newsletter to there email lists. You can schedule your blog posts to newsletters that you want to send to your email lists after every couple of days or whatever suits your requirements. AWeber does this work automatically and helps you reach a greater audience.
Limited templates for RSS-Email. RSS – email is a great feature but AWeber lacks in the number of templates. Users cannot choose from the original wide library but are listed to choose for the one specifically set for this.
Sendinblue offers services like marketing automation and email marketing. Armand Thiberge and Kapil Sharma founded this company in 2012. This software is available in 6 languages.
Sendinblue offers a free version that enables users to send 300 emails/per day and the subscribers are not limited. Except for this free version, it offers 4 more paid plans. Let
- Lite. 40000 emails per month with no daily sending limit.
- Essential. 60000 emails per month. this plan also enables users to remove the Sendinblue logo and also offers advanced statistics.
- Premium. 1,20000 emails per month. This plan includes a lot of extra features such as facebook ads, landing pages, etc.
- Enterprise. This plan is packed with all the features to run a large scale marketing for big enterprise.
CRM. It is very easy with Sendinblue to manage customer relationships. Only uploading the contact information is required and you ready to manage the customer relationship, no installation is required. Users can also import important notes from meetings with clients to it.
Marketing Automation. This software offers both basic and advanced automation. With this, the client automatically sets time and intervals for when they want clients to receive emails. That also includes the welcome email that’s clients get when they signup or regular emails with offers after some time intervals.
Transactional Email. Users can choose the type of transactional emails they want their clients to receive, such as order confirmation emails, etc. These are very important that customer receives it and it does not end in the spam either.
Contact Segmentation. Segmentation plays an important role in increasing the trust relationship with clients. The contact segmentations emails aim at creating personalized emails that look like they are formed just for that specific account.
Lack of Templates and Features. We strongly believe that Sendinblue is a great email marketing platform if you are more into commerce and plugins. It offers integration for various other software and plugins. But it also lacks some features such as templates and forms for surveys and polls.
We hope you found this article useful in the best email marketing software for small business as well as enterprise
You can write back to us in the comment section below if you have any queries and also give us feedback if you want us to include any other software to our list. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates.