Last updated on June 4th, 2019 at 06:56 am
Setting up an alarm on your MacBook is not an easy task as you set up on your iOS device. There
Here in this
How to Set an Alarm on Mac
1. Using Reminder
Using Reminder option is one of the easiest and best
- Go to Launchpad on your MacBook from Dock or directly tap on Reminders from the dock.
- Tap on Reminders app from the application lists
- Tap on the Plus icon (+) to add new reminder alert
- Write your task and after the competition, click on the information (i) icon next to the reminder you have created.
- Tick remind me
optionand set the date and time to receive an alert.
- Click Done once all set.
Now the reminder is activated, there is another option to receive a reminder by using at a location option instead of choosing only remind option. You can also tick both. But you have to enable the Current location settings from the Privacy option.
2. Use Calander to set Alarm on MacBook
As already discussed MacBook does not have a particular app to set alarm but all time associated apps provide this feature and you can take a lot from this. Here’s how the calendar works to enable alarm on Mac.
- Go to MacBook’s Dock and either tap on Launchpad and look for Calendar or directly tap on Calendar from the dock.
- The calendar preview mode is there and you can choose the view mode from Day, Week, Month or Year from the top tab area.
- Double tap on the day/date on which you wish to set alarm.
- The small box appears next to the date you have selected. You can enter here a new event, location, set a time when you want to receive alert and at last, you can also attach links, notes, and attachments.
Once done with these steps, close the Calendar app and your alarm is activated. If still, you are interested to have the app like Clock on an iOS device, then we recommend you to go for a third-party app that works quite similar to Clock works on iPhone and iPad.
3. Application for Alarm on Mac
On our list we found Wake Up Time – Alarm Clock is
- Launch Wake Up Time app on your Mac.
- On the right side under Alarm time, set time and below this, you can select a different sound tone from the list.
- The alarm gets activated once you tap the turn ON button. You can also see the alarm status below.
You can use the sleep feature to pause the alarm for some minutes which is not possible on the
But all of this, the important thing is that your Mac must be turned ON while using any of the above methods. Otherwise, none of them work and you are not going to receive any alerts and notifications on Mac.
I hope you find this tutorial informative and definitely start setting up an alarm on your Mac. For the latest tech tutorials, deals follow