Last updated on August 7th, 2019 at 07:37 am
LaTeX is used worldwide for making scientific documents. It separates the content of the document from the presentation, so users can focus on the content without attending to the visual appearance. In addition, LaTeX makes it easy to tackle complex parts of typesetting like inserting mathematic equations, creating bibliographies and inputting figures. But when it comes to sharing the documents, using TeX format seems not to be a good option. It’s not always the case that the receiver you send a TeX file to would use LaTeX typesetting system and be able to open .tex files. In other words, you need to be sure the file you exchange with others is in a universal format. It goes without saying that the globally popular file type is PDF format. Today, I am going to reveal a handy tool that you can use to convert LaTeX to PDF Online Free without much hassle. It comes with a self-explanatory name: “LaTeXtoPDF”.
- Must see: How to electronically sign a document for free?
- Free methods to unlock password-protected PDF files
Overview of LaTeXtoPDF
LaTeXtoPDF is a web-based tool that offers a completely free service for you to compile LaTeX to PDF.
Unlike some other online solutions, there is no hidden charge that forces you to pay for lifting restrictions on usage.
Due to the support for batch processing, LaTeXtoPDF allows you to upload up to 5 files and convert them to PDFs at one go. This saves you precious time and much efforts. Another feature worth being mentioned is that you will not be asked for signing up an account or submitting your email address. The simplified operation speeds up the conversion process as much as possible.
When using an online service, you probably would worry about your file privacy. Taking this point into consideration, LaTeXtoPDF will delete all your uploaded files permanently from the server within 15 minutes.
In a whole, LaTeXtoPDF is a great choice to convert TEX file to PDF due to its ease of use and super safety.
Below are detailed steps about how to use this browser-based LaTeX to PDF converter. Let’s take a look.
Simple steps to Convert LaTeX to PDF Online Free
- Open your web browser and open LaTeXtoPDF.
- On the web page, you will see a box saying “Drop files here or click to upload”.
- You can drag and drop selected PDFs from local into the box. Or you can press the box to choose PDFs and open them via the file browser. As mentioned above, up to 5 TEX files are allowed to be uploaded each time.
- If you find some unwanted items in the file queue, you can remove them by hitting the corresponded “Remove file” button.
- When you are ready, click on the “Upload and Convert” button. This action will trigger the process to upload TEX files and convert them to PDFs.
- The conversion will finish in just a few seconds. When it is done, you will be provided with a download link. Hit the download link to download a ZIP file containing exported PDFs through the browser. You will find the layout and data of original files well preserved in the output PDFs.
As you can see, LaTeXtoPDF is very easy to use and has a user-friendly interface. You can expect a fast conversion with an excellent output quality using this LateX to PDF online converter. If you have piles of TEX files that need to be converted to PDF, do not hesitate to give LaTEXtoPDF a shot. I bet my paycheck that it will improve your work efficiency and lessen the workload. Tell me what you think about it by leaving comments in the section below. Perhaps, you know some good solutions to get the job done I am not aware of. If so, please share it with me. One thing to mention is that aside from turning TEX to PDF, there are some other utilities for the conversion between PDF and other formats showing on the site. They include PDF merger, PDF splitter, PDF converter, PDF compressor, PDF rotator, PDF protector and so on. Explore them and give them a try if you have needs to manipulate PDF documents.
You may also like:
- 3 best ways to compile PDF files into one (Online & Offline)
- How to add header and footer to PDF file?