It has been a great convenience to have the automatic updates of macOS system software to the latest macOS version. Once you set up automatic updates you no longer require to update manually. Every time the latest version launch you macOS version switch to the latest version.
Why to update macOS?
As on a regular basis, Apple offers the latest macOS with new features and fixes to previous features. Moreover, major security updates are also the biggest concern, so it is always advisable to keep your MacOS version update.
Before you Update or Set Automatic Update option
Before you enable automatic update of macOS system software, make sure you have backup all your data. We recommend you to enable or set up time machine backup on your macOS. Many a time it has been noticed that when users set the automatic update features of macOS system software, they have missed some contents and even lost your data.
How to Enable Automatic MacOS System Software Updating?
1. Go to Apple menu on the top left corner of your home screen. Choose System Preferences.
2. From the list tap on Software Update option. It may check for the latest updates. Hold on!
3. Check the box Automatically keep my Mac up to date. This enables your automatic MacOS software updating to a most recent version.
Here you also get some Advance Settings option if you are more likely to choose some specific updates such as updates related to security or other. If you have limited internet data then having special preferences to updates is better option.
4. Click on Advance button.
5. New window appears showing following options
- Check for updates
- Download new updates when available
- Install App updates from the App Store
- Install System data file and Security updates
Select the option you wish to required and click OK button. Mostly the update happens on the midnight or when the Mac is not in use. But the active internet connection is required for the updates.
Once you have checked for automatic updates, Mac automatically scans for latest Mac OS version periodically and update it.
You may also like: