It’s hardly surprising that WhatsApp, as a messenger, has gathered such a large user base, given its widespread appeal and low barrier to entry.
However, a major problem for all users is that you can’t log in to WhatsApp from multiple devices with the same account.
The news today is favorable despite the limited testing of WhatsApp on multiple devices. Everyone may now access WhatsApp’s new buddy mode.
Great news! Users can now use the same WhatsApp number on multiple devices. Keep reading to find out how!
While it was previously impossible to access the same WhatsApp account from multiple devices, this is no longer true. Companion Mode, tested in beta form for WhatsApp, is now accessible to everyone with an Android or iOS device.
If you want to utilize your primary WhatsApp account on two other phones, Android or iPhone, follow the instructions below.
How to Use the Same WhatsApp Account on Two Phones?
Benefits to using the same WhatsApp number on numerous devices
- For simplicity’s sake, using the same WhatsApp number on all your devices may be more convenient rather than constantly switching between various numbers.
- If you have an internet connection, you may view your WhatsApp conversations and messages from any of your devices if you have the same number registered on multiple phones.
- You may access your WhatsApp account and all of your messages on another device without creating a new account if you lose or damage one of your devices.
- For commercial reasons, a company may assign numerous staff to a single WhatsApp number to handle the influx of consumer messages more efficiently.
One WhatsApp number per phone is convenient, but it might cause problems if numerous individuals use the same account. It could even endanger your security if your account is hijacked. Therefore, using this function with care and only when required is crucial.
Unsupported features and functions
At present, WhatsApp doesn’t support these additions:
- Real-time location monitoring.
- Making and checking out broadcast lists.
- Modifying the connection state of devices.
Conditions for sharing a single WhatsApp number between two devices
You may now use the same WhatsApp account on two different phones without using any workarounds. However, there are a few prerequisites that must be met before we can move forward.
- Check that your backup phone can connect to the internet. That connectivity could be Wi-Fi, LTE, or even 5G.
- You’ll also need to have WhatsApp set up on the second gadget.
Methods for Accessing One WhatsApp Account From Several Devices
Get WhatsApp onto the additional gadget
- Select your language and tap the arrow to proceed. Click “Agree and continue” to log in.
Sign in with your current WhatsApp account
- Enter your phone number. Utilize the three dots button instead. Connect your account.
- Your secondary device now has a WhatsApp Web QR code. Your main device must scan this QR code.
Access secondary devices via the primary device
- Switch devices. Explore WhatsApp’s “Linked Devices” section.
- Tap the icon in the bottom right to access “Settings” on an iOS device. Click “Linked Devices” and “Link a Device” to start.
- Choose “Linked Devices.” Tap “Link a device” on the next page to use the duplicate WhatsApp accounts on two phones.
Use a different device to scan the QR code.
- To access WhatsApp, choose “OK” and then scan the QR code shown on your backup device.
- WhatsApp has been added to your secondary device. You may use them immediately without any problems.
This is how simple it is! You may use the instructions above to set up WhatsApp on any other smartphone, whether it’s an Android or iOS device.