Last updated on July 17th, 2019 at 08:40 am
Now it becomes really easy to customize your Windows 10 login screen. It was a bit complicated earlier, but with recent updates, you can modify by few easy steps. It always appears good when you see the screen you like instead of that boring blue screen which is the default from Windows 10. In this tutorial, you will see 2 methods by which you can change the Windows 10 login screen background. Firstly, using Settings and another by using Registry edit.
How to Change Windows 10 Login Screen Background
- Go to Settings by going over the Windows logo. Now select Personalisation.
- See the list over the left side, tap Lock screen and enable option Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen otherwise, there will be two different screen displays one for your password and another one for the lock screen.
- Here you can choose the background image you want on the lock screen or otherwise you may choose Windows Spotlight, by which the pictures change automatically default by Bing.
- You can also modify your screen by choosing apps to show quick status. By this, you can easily view shortcuts you want for easy access.
By these steps, you can easily change background images of your lock screen.
Make sure that before proceeding with this step you are quite familiar with the registry editor. If you are not familiar then I don’t recommend you this method.
- Go to Start> All apps> Windows System> Run.
- Now type regedit and press Enter.
- After allowing Registry Editor to change setting navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > System.
- Now on the list displayed on the left side, Right click on System and then select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Rename this new DWORD as DisableLogonBackgroundImage
- Now Right-click over DisableLogonBackgroundImage and select modify.
- You will see a Value data box (by default 0) enter 1 and click OK. If you want to go for default then type 0 and enter.
- Now to lock your screen press Windows key + L. This time you can see a single colour background. You can change it by going to Settings > Personalization > Colors.
By these steps, you can customize your lock screen background.
You may also like:
- 4 Ways to Increase Internet Speed Using cmd
- How to Find Duplicate Files and remove them from PC
- How to hide files and folders in Windows