Last updated on June 27th, 2019 at 09:58 am
If you are no longer interested in keeping your number on your Instagram account then you can simply remove a phone number from Instagram. Instagram offers a special feature where you can place your mobile number and this might be helpful for running your business or other associated work.
When privacy is the biggest concern and your contact number is not required anymore then the safest side is to delete a phone number from it. Check out the complete tutorial now.
How to Remove Mobile number from Instagram
1. Using PC
You might not be using Instagram on your PC but you can also do this from your computer, otherwise for Smartphone users skip this method and check next one.
- Open an Instagram account on your PC and log in with username and password.
- Tap on a profile icon on the top right of your screen.
- Now click on Edit profile button next to your username.
- On the next page, all your profile information is displayed, remove your phone number from there and hit Submit button.
After submitting, your phone number is completely removed from your account. You can add number anytime using the same steps above by placing your phone number.
Now let us check how it works for Smartphone.
2. Using Smartphone
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- On the bottom of the screen, tap on last icon (Account option).
- Click on Edit Profile button.
- Remove your number from here and tap Done button from the top.
With these steps, you can easily remove the number from your Instagram account. You can choose any of the above methods as per your convenience. But you can not restore the password now with your phone number.