It is required to clear Windows update cache if you are looking to free up the space consumption. As these cache get attached to associated files and folders to make the experience better but on the same time they occupy the storage. So you can delete Windows update cache after you have done updating to latest Windows version.
Cache are basically hidden files that exists with the stuff you are working on and make that task easier according to your past history. It is completely safe to clear cache from your Windows PC.
There are many ways to remove update cache from Windows 10 PC. If you are looking for easiest and best way then using the software is best method. Here we are going to discuss all of them.
How to Delete Windows Update Cache
Here we are going to discuss two ways as follows
- Clear update cache manually on Windows 10
- Using third-party tool (easiest)
1. Manually clear update cache
Manually clear Windows 10 update cache is bit longer process and you have to follow the steps carefully. Before this make sure you
- Search for services in the search bar next to the Start menu.
- Under the Services tab, check for Windows Update, right click on it and tap Stop.
Now here comes the main process. Go to the destination folder where Windows files are installed. Suppose by default the destination of Windows 10 is installed in C: drive, so you can directly follow the below path
Now follow some more steps to complete the process
- Click on File tab and tap on Change folder and search options.
- Now under the View tab, check to Hide protected operating system files to keep OS files save but select Show hidden files and folders and drive option
- Click the Apply button.
- Now again move to Download folder, select all files and delete them.
You may get a pop-up window asking You will need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder. Check Do this for all current items and click Continue button.
Now once done with clearing your Windows 10 update cache, you have to start the services again you have stopped earlier.
Navigate to Services> Windows Update> Start.
Now you have successfully made the changes. I recommend you to restart your PC once to refresh the system completely.
2. Using a third-party tool
This is the easiest of all and you can easily clean Windows update cache with few clicks. We recommend you to go for MacPaw CleanMyPC which is one of the best utility tools and offers various advanced features.
Along with update Windows cache, it also