No matter which country you belong to or what country or server you like to choose, VPN always remains an excellent option if you need to change your IP details. But when it comes to VPN for iPhone, you must take care of different functions as it may not be as efficient as the one you use for your PC.
However, once you begin surfing the web, Apple’s built-in defenses can do nothing to help you; this is where a virtual private network (VPN) for iPhone comes in.
A virtual private network (VPN) encrypts your data and makes your activity anonymous, but it’s more than simply a privacy tool for your iPhone. If you’re a commuter who likes Netflix, you may use it to access regional libraries and the global catalog. It may also let you surpass any content limitations on a public Wi-Fi network.
We mostly ignore the security concerns over the phone, but many of your financial apps and banking details are available on your phone. You may leak your privacy and other information when you use public WiFi or an insecure network. So definitely VPN is a must for your iPhone too.
While there is no shortage of iPhone VPNs, finding one that runs as smoothly and looks like your Apple device might be complex.
So we have prepared a list of the 5 best VPN services for the iPhone. The list comes after hours of in-depth usage of all primary VPN services and user reviews. So here is the list.
The purchased subscription also works for devices such as Windows PCs, macOS, and other smartphones. So, you can run VPN on multiple devices with a single license.
5 Best VPN Services for iPhone (Free & Paid)
No list is complete without ExpressVPN. Whether on a PC or smartphone, ExpressVPN has no comparison to other VPN services. It works on 3 devices simultaneously. From every aspect, ExpressVPN remains #1 in its category. Being one of the advanced VPN services, ExpressVPN is a bit pricey but worth it.
- 160+ VPN Locations
- VPN Kill switch
- Split tunneling
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Zero-knowledge DNS
NordVPN, on the other hand, is an alternative to ExpressVPN. It is another popular VPN service that offers additional security and privacy features. But we have also seen frequent disconnections where the WiFi network is weak. This was a disappointment, but otherwise, overall working is good.
- Strict no log policy
- Automatic kill switch
- Dedicated IP address
- 5500+ servers in 60+ countries (updated)
- Multi-grade encryption
- DNS Leak protection
When I wrote this article, VPN Unlimited was installed on my iPhone, and I used it. When I saw the frequent disconnections on NordVPN, I used VPN Unlimited. Now, no more disconnections! Everything works amazingly well, and there is an option to choose different servers from different locations, which is missing in NordVPN.
It provides you with an unlimited lifetime plan with a one-time payment. So this is also a better option, and there is no need to renew the license annually.
VPN Unlimited Features:
- Personal Server
- Static IP
- 400+ servers in 80+ locations.
- Amazing speed results.
- Download torrents on the iPhone
- Best-in-class security standard
IPVanish is also on our top list of the 5 best VPNs for the iPhone. This is not a new name in this industry and meets all our expectations. It is among the few VPNs offering AES 256-bit encryption with unlimited bandwidth.
IPVanish VPN Features:
- 40,000+ shared IPs, 1,300+ VPN servers in 75+ locations
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Zero Traffic logs
- IKEv2, OpenVPN, and L2TP/IPsec VPN protocols
- Unlimited server switching
From online streaming to data privacy, PureVPN is also the best recommendation when we look into the list specific to iPhones. PureVPN has a clean, friendly interface, and with a single click, you can select any server from 2000+ servers in 140+ countries. If you are not looking for expensive subscriptions, PureVPN is for you. The prices are as low as $1.85/month for multi-year subscriptions.
- 2000+ servers in 140+ countries
- 256-bit secure encryption
- Anonymously upload and download data from across the internet
- No Caps on Bandwidth
- Unlimited Server Switching
- Internet Kill Switch
- IP Leak Protection
How does a VPN work?
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a mechanism that masks your IP by providing you with different servers around the globe. When users work over the internet, the small packets deliver through ISP, and when you use VPN, the packets move from a different channel (sometimes known as tunneling) which hides all your details such as IP address, MAC address, and others.
Why use VPN Services?
- Access Home Network while Travelling: When you are on a trip, and for safety reasons, you want a home network, then VPN allows you to select any network you wish.
- Access Business Network: You can easily access the business network no matter how far. Choose the network of your office and stay safe.
- Mask your IP: While accessing the public internet, privacy and security are always a concern, but a VPN allows you to mask your IP from your ISP and choose any available servers around the globe.
- Unblock the websites: Due to geographical regions, some websites are restricted and don’t allow your current location to access them. Turn ON the VPN and start using any website.
- Netflix, Hulu: Nowadays, VPN is widely used for streaming channels like Netflix and Hulu to unblock the content.
Keeping everything in mind, we have concluded the best VPN services for Mac.
I hope you find the information helpful and choose the best one for you! In our recommendation, ExpressVPN is the best, and there is no comparison. But on the other hand, if you are looking for an unlimited lifetime subscription, go for KeepSolidVPN Unlimited, a cheaper alternative to ExpressVPN.