With the increasing demands of project development, Gantt charts play an important role to clearly define your works and for this reason, we are providing you with the guide for best free Gantt chart software that you must use. We have also listed the best project management software which also includes Gantt chart so you must check this article also for more tools for your work progress.
10 Best Gantt chart Software
Instagantt is our top choice when looking for best recommending Gantt chart tools. You can easily create tasks, schedules, timelines, and workload distribution for your team. Its intuitive interface, powerful diagrams makes planning easy. With Instagantt every task remain aligned.
Additional Instagantt Features
1. Progress: Track real-time progress and customize the progress in percentage for each task you are handling.
2. Milestone: Reached to a specific target? Instagantt provides you to set a milestone for every special event.
3. Subtasks: You can add subtasks to handle them with more clarity. This is beneficial if you are getting some issue in completing the tasks. having subtasks makes things easier.
4. Custom colours: Give the markings your custom colo
Plans from Instagantt
Instagantt comes with 7-days free trial, and also with two premium versions.
- Single user: Here you get unlimited projects per workbook.
- Multiple users: Get access to unlimited projects, workbook, and User management.
Redbooth is a complete project management tool that provides you with great features along with a
With its free version, you have limited access to Redbooth’s feature including Gantt chart.
Features of Redbooth Gantt chart
1. Set task duration: To make your
2. Create dependencies: Allow team member to start the tasks even if it is not started. This saves you time and whatever ideas you have currently, you can use them.
3. Custom changes: Whatever you update in your timeline, it automatically shows changes on your tasks.
4. Deadline indicator: Its deadline indicator notifies you if anything is overdue so that to handle the project at the critical time,
5. Complete record: Track every progress of your task from beginning to the completion so that you have a
Plans from Redbooth
You can start using Redbooth for free with limited features but for full feature access, you have to go for premium plans.
- Pro plan: It includes unlimited workspace, time tracking, and HD video meetings.
- Business plan: Additionally you get Resource management, Advanced subtasks, and Redbooth Predict.
It also comes with the Enterprise plan, where you have to directly contact the sales team.
Bitrix24 is another widely used platform for a
Bitrix24 Additional features
1. Task dependencies: Now you no longer require for the previous task to be completed. You can quickly start a
2. Task Management: With clear visuals on your different tasks, the management becomes quite easy. With subtask, you can issue new things to other team members.
3. Project Management: With Gantt chart and workload planning, you can allocate specific hours to team members and with this shows your project progress with time.
4. Time Tracking: Many software misses these features, thanks to Bitrix24 that offers you time tracking for each task using a Gantt chart.
Plans from Bitrix24
Along with a
- CRM+: 50GB free storage, communications.
- Standard: 100GB storage, 50 users, complete tasks and projects
- Professional: Unlimited users, complete marketing tools
Wrike provides additional Gantt chart that makes productivity much better you think. Its clean and nice interface gives you an
Additional features from Wrike
1. Visibility with a
2. Manage multiple projects: With a
3. Easy import option: You can easily import information from Microsoft projects.
4. Quick-adjust plans: With the Gantt chart, you can review all the activities and adjust the plan accordingly.
Plans from Wrike
You can try Gantt chart from Wrike free but with limited access to its tool, you can try its other plans too.
- Professional: Full project planning and collaboration
- Business: additionally robust work management with customized reporting.
Either you are using for personal or for corporate, its’ completely free. GanttProject is lightweight, easy to use and one of the popular application in this industry. Let us have a look at its features.
Additional features on GanttProject
1. Create tasks and milestones: Just looking to the start and end dates, you can create tasks in between, fill patterns, and make text notes.
2. Organize tasks with work breakdown structure: GanttProject keeps the projects on the top which has more priority and hide those tasks which are less important at that moment.
3. Draw dependencies constraint: With respect to X and Y axis, you can customize constrains according to your given tasks. This makes management much easier.
4. Create baseline: Baseline allows you to compare your current progress with the previous one to better analyze the workflow.
Plans from GanttProject
GanttProject provides you free license whether for a single user or multiple users.
Teamwork offers you a free Gantt chart online and works with a
1. Project planner: Have a plan? Simply add it on timeline. You can drag and drop the tasks to make changes easily on a
2. Public schedule: Review the task with other team members or even with them who are not linked with the current task. Easily create a link and share with them.
3. Team member activity: Teamwork gives you an option to create members account with which you can keep eye on what team member doing.
Plans from Teamweek
You can go for its lifetime free plan if having up to 5 team members otherwise it provides you 14-days free trial for paid subscription.
Depending upon the users you have your team you can choose the plan accordingly.
1. Assigning projects: Easily create a project with Agantty and drag into the timeline. Assign the project to the team and customize other features.
2. Collaborate with team members: Collaborate with your team members to better managing the project. You can create as many team as you required.
3. Task Overview: Structure your work according to the end dates. You can sort out which projects are near to deadlines and which are less important.
4. Reminders & Lists/ PDF: Agantty allows you to export your task of specific timeframe and share the PDF with other team members via email.
Plans from Aganttly
Aganttly is a completely free tool to work with for every level of team size. Along with just a Gantt chart, you can also use other features which are important for productivity.
8. Zoho Projects
Zoho is another powerful online tool that clearly defines all the visuals of the current status of your tasks or the milestones with a Gantt chart. You can easily navigate to the dependencies of various tasks right from the Gantt chart. For sharing purpose you can download Gantt chart in PDF format and share it with coworkers.
Zoho Projects Features
1. Critical path analysis: Quickly analyze the critical path with the red mark. The path also has a slack mark which has some fewer priorities.
2. Check Schedule deviation: You can create the baseline in your Gantt chart to set the datum line in order to compare the project schedule over time.
3. Reuse Gantt chart templates: If you have similar projects running a
4. Edit tasks & milestones: With visual Gantt chart, you can edit tasks in between to make changes and all the tasks in
Plans from Zoho Projects
With the free plans from Zoho Projects, you can have access to 5 users, 2 projects, custom status of projects, tasks, and Google App integration.
- Standard: Includes subtasks, task reminders, 5 project templates, attach. file up to 5GB.
- Express: Up to 15 users, 10 project templates, editable Gantt chart within the project.
All the plans are a one-time purchase and it also comes in Premium and Enterprise plans.
9. Tom’s Planner
While listing top Gantt chart in our list, another name comes, which is Tom’s Planner. The interface is little outdated but works
As nothing new with Tom’s Planner, you can get drag & drop time blocks, share Gantt chat with other teammates, track every progress and status of a
Additional Tom’s Planner features
1. Flexible working: If some tasks still pending and you have other tasks preceding to it, with Tom’s Planner you can add another block on the same row so that nothing remain idle.
2. Gantt chart filtering: Sometimes, in a
3. Team sharing: If looking to share the chart with a
4. Pre-build templates: It gives you the access of having more than 530000+ templates. You can pick from them and use it for your project. It really save a time.
Plans from Tom’s Planner
You can try Tom’s Planner for free and also for Pro level it offers you two additional plans. You can choose from Professional and Unlimited plans. The pricing option is a monthly basis.
Basically designed for film industry where you can easily allocate different tasks right on your Gantt chart. All your stories, schedules, scripts remain
Working on multiple pro
Plans from StudioBinder
You can try StudioBinder free and also with premium plans.
- Indie: Includes call sheets, storyboards, shooting schedules.
- Professional: additionally includes script breakdown, production calendar.
- Studio: With all including above plans you can also get features to invite collaborator, and custom branding.
Well, this is a list of 10 best free Gantt chart that you must try. Above recommended tools also comes with a paid version with some extra benefits. it is definitely recommended to go for a paid version if you really like the software.
Now let us check some of the information that you must know before going to select a Gantt software. Here we are explaining what exactly a Gantt chart is, why you must use them, how to choose the best one for you, and all other questions you are having on your mind.
What basically a Gantt chart is?
You are welcome to skip if you already know this but some of you might want to know something extra about Gantt chart. Gantt charts are basically a kind of bar graph that defines your project levels or schedules. In simple words Gantt chart visualize the amount of task is completed or need to complete is a
When running multiple projects it becomes really difficult to manage them all in one place. The Gantt chart plays a role. The tasks performed or yed to perform are listed on a vertical axis and the given time is listed on a horizontal axis.
Gantt chart helps you in your work?
There are many benefits of using Gantt charts in your project development. From beginning to end of the work, you can analyze the project using Gantt chart. Let us check some more benefits here
- Better clarity to your tasks
- Transparent communications
- Better coordination among team members
- More control on time
There are so many other benefits with just a single Gantt chart to make your work much easier than you think.
How to choose the
right software for you?
We have listed free best Gantt chart tools but if you are running a sound project or having a team of many then definitely you must go for premium software. All of them provides
I hope this post really helps you in choosing the right software or application. If still, you have any questions then comment below, our team loves to help you definitely!